- HB15e (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD83 is a 43 kD single chain type I glycoprotein also known as HB15. A member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, CD83 is expressed on a subset of dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, and weakly on activated lymphocytes. Although CD83 is thought to play a role in antigen presentation and/or lymphocyte activation, the precise function of this protein is unknown. CD83 is considered to be a useful marker for mature dendritic cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4.
- Application References
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press New York.
- Zhou L, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 154:3821.
- Cao W, et al. 2005. Biochem. J. 385:85.
- Lore K, et al. 2002. AIDS 16:683. (IHC)
- Cho H, et al. 2007. Physiol Genomics doi:10.1152/physiolgenomics.00051.2006
- Product Citations
AB_528877 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305314)
- Ig superfamily, single chain transmembrane glycoprotein, 43 kD
Dendritic cells, Langerhan cells, activated B and T cells
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kozlow E, et al. 1993. Blood 81:454.
2. Zhou L, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 149:735.
3. Zhou L, et al. 1995. Blood 86:3295.
- Gene ID
- 9308 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD83 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.