- HB15e (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD83 is a 43 kD single chain type I glycoprotein also known as HB15. A member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, CD83 is expressed on a subset of dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, and weakly on activated lymphocytes. Although CD83 is thought to play a role in antigen presentation and/or lymphocyte activation, the precise function of this protein is unknown. CD83 is considered to be a useful marker for mature dendritic cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4.
- Application References
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press New York.
- Zhou L, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 154:3821.
- Cao W, et al. 2005. Biochem. J. 385:85.
- Lore K, et al. 2002. AIDS 16:683. (IHC)
- Cho H, et al. 2007. Physiol Genomics doi:10.1152/physiolgenomics.00051.2006
- Product Citations
AB_10899571 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305323)
AB_2561829 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305324)
- Ig superfamily, single chain transmembrane glycoprotein, 43 kD
Dendritic cells, Langerhan cells, activated B and T cells
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kozlow E, et al. 1993. Blood 81:454.
2. Zhou L, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 149:735.
3. Zhou L, et al. 1995. Blood 86:3295.
- Gene ID
- 9308 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD83 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.