- Other Names
- Interleukin 25, Interleukin 17E
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-25 (also known as IL-17E) is a member of the IL-17 family, which includes IL-17A, IL-17B, IL-17C, IL-17F, and IL-17A/F. The primary sequence homology differs between family members, with mouse IL-17A and IL-17F having the highest homology (49%), while mouse IL-17A and IL-25 have the lowest (28%). IL-25 induces gene expression of IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13 in multiple tissues, and this induction results in T helper 2 (TH2)-type immune responses; this is characterized by an increase in serum IgE levels, pathologic changes in the lungs and digestive tract with eosinophilic infiltrates, an increase in mucus production, epithelial cell hyperplasia, and overall amplified allergic inflammation. IL-25 shares the receptor IL-17RB with IL-17B, although it binds with much higher affinity than IL-17B.Product Details
- Mouse IL-25, amino acids Val17-Ala169 (Accession# NM_080729) was expressed in insect cells
- Molecular Mass
- The 153 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of 17.6 kD. This protein exists as a disulfide-linked homodimer. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 20 kD by SDS-PAGE. The non-reduced protein migrates as a homodimer, at approximately 40 kD by SDS-PAGE.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Immediately upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 1600 to 25 pg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) protein is useful as a standard for a mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled M3706F07 antibody (Cat. No. 676304) as capture and biotinylated M3704D11 antibody (Cat. No. 538104) as detection.
IL-25 is produced by mast cells, epithelial cells, alveolar macrophages, microglia, and Th2 cells
- IL-25 directly promotes Th2 cell differentiation and the expression of IL-4, IL-5, IL-13, CCL11 (eotaxin), and therefore, lung eosinophilia. IL-25 enhances IL-9 production by differentiated Th9 cells
- CD4+ NKT cells, macrophages, endothelial cells, eosinophils, and Th2 and Th9 cells
- IL-25 binds to IL-17RB
- Antigen References
- Hurst SD, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:443.
- Ikeda K, et al. 2003. Blood 101:3594.
- Kang CM, et al. 2005. Am. J. Respir. Cell. Mol. Biol. 33:290.
- Kleinschek ME, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:161.
- Terashima A, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:2727.
- Angkasekwinai P, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:250.
- Gene ID
- 140806 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-25 on UniProt.org