- Poly28643 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Calpain Small Subunit 1, Calcium-Activated Neutral Proteinase Small Subunit, CANP Small Subunit, Calpain, Small Polypeptide, CALPAIN4, CAPNS
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Calpain Small Subunit 1 (CAPNS1) is a member of calpain small subunit family, which is a small regulatory subunit of calpains. Calpains are calcium-dependent cysteine-type proteinases that are involved in many cellular processes including cell proliferation, migration, adhesion and apoptosis. They are also associated with neurodegeneration, including myotonic dystrophy. Among its related pathways are apoptosis modulation and integrin pathway.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Calpain Small Subunit 1 (CAPNS1) expressed in E.coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.0 - 10 µg/mL in human and 5.0 - 10 µg/mL for mouse and rat is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- CAPNS1 is a 268 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~28 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain, kidney, liver, and immune system
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol, membrane, and nucleus
- CAPNS1 is involved in cell proliferation, adhesion, migration and apoptosis.
- Calpain catalytic subunit
- Cell Type
- B cells, Mesenchymal cells, Neurons, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Proteases
- Antigen References
- Ma J, et al. 2012. J Biol Chem. 287(33):27480-9.
- Undyala VV, et al. 2008. J Cell Sci. 121:3581-8.
- Demarchi F, et al. 2006. J Cell Biol. 175(4):595-605.
- Gene ID
- 826 View all products for this Gene ID 12336 View all products for this Gene ID 29156 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CAPNS1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.