- 2238 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- α-DG, αDG
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Dystrophin-associated glycoprotein 1 (DAG1) is a central component of dystrophin-glycoprotein complex that is encoded by the DAG1 gene. Dystroglycan links the cytoskeletal structure to the extracellular matrix, and thus plays an important role in several biological processes such as laminin and basement membrane assembly, sarcolemmal stability, nodal formation, migration and cell survival.
Dystroglycan is proteolytically cleaved to 2 functional peptides, α- and β-dystroglycan. Alpha-dystroglycan is the extracellular dystroglycan, which functions as a receptor for proteins containing laminin-G domains.
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified bovine brain α-dystroglycan
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10.0 µg per ml. For formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone works in WB on human, mouse and rat endogenous brain lysates.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McDearmon EL, et al. 2006. FEBS Letters. 580(2006):3381 (WB)
- Dystroglycan is an 895 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~97 kD. α-dystroglycan, a cleavage product of dystroglycan, is a 624 amino acid protein with an observed molecular mass of ~104 kD.
Tissue Distribution: High expression in brain, muscle and female tissues. Expressed in most tissues.
Cellular Distribution: Extracellular, Membrane
- Alpha-dystroglycan forms dystrophin-associated glycoprotein complex (DGX). It is nvolved in cell survival, lamini and basement membrane assembly and sarcolemmal stability, peripheral nerve myelination.
- Forms dystrophin-associated blycoprotein complex with beta-dystroglycan and dystrophin. Also interacts with sarcoglycans.
- Functions as an extracellular receptor for ECM proteins that contains laminin-G domain.
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neurodegeneration
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Scaffold Proteins
- Antigen References
- McDearmon EL, et al. 2006. FEBS Letters. 580(2006):3381
- Endo T. 2015. J. Biochem. 157(1):1
- Gene ID
- 1605 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about alpha-Dystroglycan on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.