- 9F4A17 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Runt-related transcription factor 3, Polyomavirus enhancer-binding protein 2 alpha C subunit (PEBP2 alpha C), Acute myeloid leukemia 2 (AML2)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
RUNX3 belongs to the runt-domain family of transcription factors that regulates gene expression in major developmental pathways, such as T-cell differentiation and neurogenesis. RUNX3 is epigenetically silenced in many types of cancers. In gastric cancer, RUNX3 has been frequently reported to be inactivated by gene silencing or protein mislocalization. The oncoprotein SRC phosphorylates RUNX3 at multiple tyrosine residues, resulting in cytoplasmic mislocalization of RUNX3. RUNX3 is regulated by the TGF-B/Smad pathway, and induces apoptosis or cell cycle arrest of gastric cancer cells through upregulating expression of p21 and Bim. The loss of RUNX3 function in T-cells cause suppression of Treg function and formation of colitis tumor. These findings suggest an important role of RUNX3 in tumor suppression.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human RUNX3 recombinant protein (194-304 aa).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:50-1:100 by volume. It is recommended that the reagent to be titrated for optimal performance before each experiment.
- Application Notes
The binding of RUNX3 antibody (9F4A17) to its target is sensitive to salt concentration.
AB_2687117 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653603)
AB_2687118 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653604)
- 44 kD protein containing a runt domain and a proline/serine/threonine rich domain required for transcriptional activation.
Nucleus, the tyrosine phosphorylated form is localized to the cytoplasm.
- RUNX3 is a transcription factor that forms a heterodimeric complex with CBF beta subunit. The RUNX3 heterodimer binds to numerous enhancers and promoters, activating or suppressing target genes. RUNX3 was reported to function as a tumor suppressor.
- RUNX3 interacts with TLE1, SUV39H1, SRC, FYN, and LCK.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Goh YM, et al. 2010. J. Biol. Chem. 285:10122.
2. Vogiatzi P, et al. 2006. Cancer Biol. Ther. 5:371.
3. Inoue K, et al. 2008. Neural Dev. 3:20.
4. Sugai M, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:6515.
5. Ito K, et al. 2005. Cancer Res. 65:7743.
6. Hsu PI, et al. 2009. Ann. Surg. Oncol. 16:1686.
- Gene ID
- 864 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RUNX3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.