- 3G6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Histone deacetylase 3, SMAP45, RPD3-2
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
HDAC3, also known as RPD3-2 and SMAP45, is a member of class I histone deacetylase (HDACs) family, which modulates the chromatin structure by removing acetyl groups (deacetylation) from the side chain of lysine residues on the N-terminal region of core histones. Generally, histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. It is known that HDAC3 deacetylase activity is stimulated by interacting with the N-CoR and SMRT co-repressor proteins and subsequently forms a functional complex that represses transcription associated with nuclear hormone receptors and other transcription factors, including Rev-Erb, COUP-TF, DAX1, MAD and Pit-1. HDAC-3 also represses gene expression by participating in the transcriptional repressor activity of BCL6, by deacetylating H3K27 on enhancer elements. HDAC3 is also thought to participate in transcriptional regulation through binding to YY1, a zinc-finger transcription factor. Recently, HDAC3 is known to be involved in the coordination of commensal-bacteria-dependent intestinal homeostasis when expressed in intestinal epithelial cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the human HDAC3 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:100-1:200 by volume. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested dilution is 1:50. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
25 µg and 100 µg of Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified Antibody can be used for 5-10 or 20-40 immunoprecipitations, respectively, at the recommended dilutions.
AB_2650675 (BioLegend Cat. No. 815303)
AB_2650661 (BioLegend Cat. No. 815304)
Widely expressed in many cell types; nucleus.
- HDAC3 is a histone deacetylase responsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal tail of core histones. HDAC3 forms protein complex with transcription factors and acts as a transcriptional co-repressor.
- CBFA2T3, CCND1, GATA1, GATA2, GPS2, GTF2I, HDAC4, HDAC5, HDAC7A, HDAC9, MAP3K7IP2, MAPK11, NCOR1, NCOR2, PPARD, PPARG, PML, RBBP4, RELA, RP, RUNX2, SUV39H1, TCP1, TBL1X, TR2, UBC, YY1, and ZBTB33.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Chen HM, et al. 2015. Epigenetics and Dermatology 409.
2. Lakshmaiah KC, et al. 2014. J. Cancer Res. Ther. 10(3):469-78.
- Gene ID
- 8841 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HDAC3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.