- 4B4-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI C-7
- Other Names
- 4-1BB, ILA, CD137, TNFRSF9
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD137 is a 39 kD transmembrane protein also known as 4-1BB. It is expressed on activated T cells. CD137 is a type I membrane protein and a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily. CD137 appears to be important for T cell proliferation and survival, and induces monocyte activation through its interaction with 4-1BB ligand.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ectodomain of recombinant human 4-1BB fusion protein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, FA, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,4, inhibition of cytokine production2,3, and ELISA. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 309804) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-mouse IgG second step (Cat. No. 405303), followed by Streptavidin-PE (Cat. No. 405204)).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Garni-Wagner B, et al. 1996. Cell. Immunol. 169:91. (IP)
- Salih HR, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:2903. (FA)
- Kienzle G, et al. 2000. Int. Immunol. 12:73. (FA)
- Langstein J, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 160:2488. (IP)
AB_2810469 (BioLegend Cat. No. 309841)
AB_2810470 (BioLegend Cat. No. 309842)
- TNFR superfamily, type I transmembrane protein, 30 kD
Activated T cells
- T cell costimulation
- 4-1BB ligand
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Gruss H, et al. 1995. Blood 85:3378.
2. Sica G, et al. 2000. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 465:355.
3. Alderson M, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:2219.
4. Schwarz H, et al. 1996. Blood 87:2839.
- Gene ID
- 3604 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD137 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
PE anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Biotin anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
APC anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
TotalSeq™-A0355 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
TotalSeq™-B0355 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
TotalSeq™-C0355 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)
TotalSeq™-D0355 anti-human CD137 (4-1BB)