- W20070A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lysine-specific histone demethylase 1A, KDM1A, BRAF35-HDAC complex protein, BHC110, [histone H3]-dimethyl-L-lysine(4) FAD-dependent demethylase 1A, AOF2, KDM1, KIAA0601, LSD1, EC:184.108.40.206
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
KDM1A (or LSD1) belongs to the flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD)-dependent demethylase family and has enzymatic activity on de-methylation lysine-4 and lysine-9 of Histone H3. During early stage embryonic development, KDM1A regulates differentiation and development through corepressor of RE1-silencing transcription factor (CoREST) complex and histone deacetylases (HDACs). KDM1A participates in nuclear hormone signaling by interacting with androgen receptor (AR) and estrogen receptor (ER) of the receptor-expressing tissues in the regulation of cancer progression and metastasis. In addition to histone H3, KDM1A demethylates lysine residues of p53, E2F1, or DNMT1 which modulates apoptosis and cell proliferation. Dysfunction of KDM1A is found in acute myeloid leukemia (AML), T cell acute lymphoid leukemia (T‑ALL), and several malignancies, implying it is a potential epigenetic biomarker and drug target.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant fragment of human KDM1A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP, IHC-P, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10.0 µg/mL is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.25 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone W20070A does not cross-react with mouse in western blot.
For immunocytochemistry (ICC), the suggested fixation/permeabilization method is either 4% paraformaldehyde/0.5% Triton X-100 or paraformaldehyde followed by ice-cold methanol.
For immunohistochemistry, the suggested antigen retrieval buffer is Tris-EDTA pH 9.0.
- Additional Product Notes
ICC: suggest PFA+TX and PFA-Methanol
AB_2936733 (BioLegend Cat. No. 610851)
AB_2936733 (BioLegend Cat. No. 610852)
- KDM1A is an 852 amino-acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 92.9 kD, and alternative splicing isoform is 876 amino-acid at 95.2 kD.
- An epigenetic demethylase which removes methylations of histone at lysine-4 (H3K4me) and lysine-9 (H3K9me).
- Histone H3, P53, HDAC1, DNMT, CoREST, E2F1, Androgen receptor, and Estrogen receptor.
- Flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD)
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Leukemia, T cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, DNA Repair/Replication, Immunology, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers, Protein Modifiers
- Antigen References
- Huang J, et al. 2007. Nature. 449:105-8.
- Wang J, et al. 2009. Nat Genet. 41:125-9.
- Kontaki H, et al. 2010. Mol Cell. 39:152-60.
- Foster CT, et al. 2010. Mol Cell Biol. 30:4851-63.
- Vu LP, et al. 2013. Int J Hematol. 97:198-209.
- Gene ID
- 23028 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about KDM1A on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.