- W17028A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha, ATF-6 alpha, Activating transcription factor 6 alpha, ATF6-alpha
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
ATF6 encodes a transcription factor that is anchored in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and activated during the unfolded protein response (UPR) to protect cells from ER stress. Under conditions of ER stress, ATF6 is transported from the ER to the Golgi apparatus, where it is cleaved by Golgi-resident proteases to release the cytosolic DNA-binding portion. Then the processed ATF6 moves to the nucleus to activate gene expression. Deletion of the isoform activating transcription factor 6α (ATF6α) and its paralog ATF6β results in embryonic lethality and notochord dysgenesis in nonhuman vertebrates, and loss-of-function mutations in ATF6α are associated with malformed neuroretina and congenital vision loss in humans. Altered ATF6 function in neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson's disease has been observed.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human ATF6α recombinant protein (1-250 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody specifically recognizes ATF6a but not ATF6ß, verified by WB.
- Product Citations
AB_2728605 (BioLegend Cat. No. 853101)
AB_2728606 (BioLegend Cat. No. 853102)
- ATF6α is a 670 amino acid protein with a molecular weight mass of ~80 kD.
Tissue distribution: ATF6 is ubiquitously expressed in numerous cell types including cells in of the central nervous system (CNS).
Cellular distribution: Cytoplasmic, nucleus, ER, and golgi apparatus.
- ATF6 is a transmembrane glycoprotein that functions as a transcription activator and initiates the unfolded protein response during ER stress.
- ATF6 interacts with ER chaperone immunoglobulin-binding protein (BiP), and can be cleaved by lumenal site 1 protease (S1P) and intra-membrane site 2 protease (S2P).
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Endoplasmic Reticulum Markers
- Antigen References
- Shen J, et al. 2002. Dev Cell. 3:99-111
- Ron D and Walter P. 2007. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 8: 519-529
- Credle JJ, et al. 2015. Neurobiol Dis. 76: 112-125
- Jin JK, et al. 2017. Circ Res. 120: 862-875
- Kroeger H, et al. 2018. Sci Signal. 11: 5785
- Gene ID
- 22926 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ATF6 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-ATF6||W17028A||WB, ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.