- RPA-T8 (See other available formats)
- IV T171
- Other Names
- T8, Leu2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD8a is a 32-34 kD type I glycoprotein. It forms a homodimer (CD8a/a) or heterodimer (CD8a/b) with CD8b. CD8, also known as T8 and Leu2, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily found on the majority of thymocytes, a subset of peripheral blood T cells, and NK cells (which express almost exclusively CD8a homodimers). CD8 acts as a co-receptor with MHC class I-restricted T cell receptors in antigen recognition and T cell activation, and has been shown to play a role in thymic differentiation. Two domains in CD8a are important for function: the extracellular IgSF domain binds the α3 domain of MHC class I and the cytoplasmic CXCP motif binds the tyrosine kinase p56 Lck.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Pigtailed Macaque, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The RPA-T8 antibody does not block the binding of HIT8a antibody to CD8a. Additional reported applications of this antibody (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed frozen sections3 and costimulation of T cell responses4. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 301073 & 301074).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Magidovich E, et al. 2007. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:13022.
- Thakarl D, et al. 2008.J. immunol. 180:7431. PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_893426 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301031)
AB_893422 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301032)
- Ig superfamily, homodimer or heterodimer with CD8β, 32-34 kD
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset, NK cells
- MHC class I co-receptor, thymic differentiation, T cell activation
- MHC Class I molecules
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Gene ID
- 925 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.