- HLy-9.1.25 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Ly9, Ly-9, SLAMF3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD229 is a 100-120 kD glycoprotein. It is a member of the SLAM family, a CD2 subset of the Ig superfamily, known as Ly9 or SLAMF3. CD229 is expressed on T cells, B cells, NK cells, and thymocytes. It functions as a homophilic adhesion molecule through binding to CD229 itself. The cytoplasmic tail of CD229 binds to SAP and Grb2 proteins. CD229 is involved in enhancing T cell activation and Th2 polarization. HLy9.1.25 antibody recognizes epitope A in the first Ig domain of Ly9 molecule.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 300.19 cell line transfected with the CD229 full-length DNA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunoprecipitation1,2, and immunocytochemistry3.The LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 326104).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- de la Fuente MA, et al. 2001. Blood 97:3513.
- Martin M, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:5977.
- Romero X, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:7033.
AB_2137939 (BioLegend Cat. No. 326107)
AB_2137938 (BioLegend Cat. No. 326108)
- 100-120 kD glycoprotein, SLAM family, CD2 subset of Ig superfamily
T cells, B cells, NK cells, thymocytes
- Homophilic adhesion, T cell activation, Th2 cell polarization
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Sandrin MS, et al. 1996. Immunogenetics 43:13.
2. de la Fuente MA, et al. 2001. Blood 97:3513.
3. Romero X, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:7033.
- Gene ID
- 4063 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD229 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.