- Gal397 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Galectin-3, Mac-2, Gal-3, RL-29, galactose-specific lectin 3, CBP-35, L-34, εBP
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Galectin-3 (galactose-specific lectin 3) is a glycoprotein, also known as Mac-2, Gal-3, RL-29, galactose-specific lectin 3, CBP-35, L-34, and εBP. It is a member of animal β-galactoside-binding protein family that is expressed in cell nucleus, cytoplasm, plasma membrane, or extracellular matrix by variety of tumor cells, monocytes/macrophages, epithelial cells, Kupffer cells, and dendritic cells. Galectin-3 contains carbohydrate recognition domains and binds to β-galactoside residues bearing glycoproteins, such as as IgE, IgA, galactose, casein kinase I, laminin, mucin, LAMPs, and CD66. Galectin-3 is an adhesion molecule and plays an important role in regulation of cell proliferation, differentiation and tumor cell metastasis. Galectin-3 structurely possesses NWGR motif that is conserved in BH-1 domain of BCL-2 family and functions as an anti-apoptotic molecule.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Recombinant (partial), amino acids 151-251
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of < 0.5 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Based on immunogen information, clone Gal397 may recognize African Green Baboon and Cynomolgus. It is recommended to test the reagent for optimal performance for other species. Due to in-house testing, the purified format is not recommended for flow cytometry and intracellular flow cytometry.
AB_1134255 (BioLegend Cat. No. 126701)
AB_1134256 (BioLegend Cat. No. 126702)
Human Galetcin-3 has 250 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 26 kD.
Mouse Galetcin-3 has 264 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 27.5 kD.
Localized in the nucleus, cytoplasm, cell surface, or extracellular matrix. Expressed by tumor cells, monocytes/macrophages, epithelial cells, Kupffer cells, dendritic cells
- Regulate cell proliferation and differentiation, adhesion, anti-apoptosis
- Variety ligands, such as IgE, IgA, galactose, casein kinase I, laminin, mucin, LAMPs, CD66, etc
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
- Kim HRC, et al. 1999. Cancer Res. 59:4148
- Reljic R, et al. 2004. Immunol. Lett. 93:51.
- Takenaka Y et al. 2004. Mol. and Cell. Biol. 24:4395
- Joo GH, et al. 2001. J. Leukoc. Biol. 69:555
- Llinas L, et al. 2011. Immunol. Lett. 134:113-21
- Cabezón R, et al. 2011. Immunol. Lett. 134:167-73
- Gene ID
- 16854 View all products for this Gene ID 3958 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Mac-2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.