- 346-11A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Integrin β4, β4 integrin, TSP-1180, ITGB4
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD104 is a 205 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as integrin β4 chain or β4 integrin, that associates with integrin α6 (CD49f) to form the α6/β4 (CD49f/CD104) heterodimer. CD104 is expressed on epithelial cells (especially on proliferative basal layer epithelial cells in skin), endothelial cells, Schwann cells, certain tumor cells, and a subset of pre-T cells. The CD49f/CD104 heterodimer is an adhesion receptor for laminins (especially laminin 5) and keratin filaments, and is involved in the regulation of hemidesmosome formation and cell proliferation and activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Tumor-associated antigen TSP-180 from BALB/c lung carcinoma
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunohistochemical staining1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Tennenbaum T, et al. 1993. Cancer Res. 53:4803. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_961050 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123602)
- Integrin β chain, 205 kD, forms heterodimer with integrin α6 (CD49f)
Epithelial cells, endothelial cells, some tumor cells, pre-T cell subset
- Laminins, keratin filaments
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kennel SJ, et al. 1992. J. Cell Sciences 101:1992.
- Gene ID
- 192897 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD104 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.