- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IFNα2, IFNa2, IFNalpha2, IFN alpha 2, Interferon Alpha 2, IFN alpha A, IFNa2a, IFNa2b, IFNa2c
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Note: This product does not include ELISA microwell plates. Cat. No. 423501 is recommended.
Interferon alpha-2 (IFN-α2) is a cytokine encoded by the IFNA2 gene located on chromosome 9. It belongs to the Type 1 IFN family which includes 13 α subtypes, 1 β, and 1 ω. IFN-α2 was the first of these subtypes to be produced pharmaceutically and is the most widely studied. The mature secreted protein consists of 165 amino acids with 5 α-helices and two disulfide bonds. There are a several allelic variants of IFN-α2, including IFN-α2a, IFN-α2b, and IFN-α2c. IFN-α2 can act on all cell types due to the ubiquitous expression of the Type 1 IFN receptor (IFNAR).
IFN-α2 acts to combat infection by stimulating the production of proteins that inhibit viral replication and prevent viral entry into neighboring cells. IFN-α2 can stimulate the immune system by initiating T and NK cell mediated cytotoxicity. IFN-α2 also can inhibit cancer cell proliferation and activate immune system to target cancer cells. IFN-α2 has been used therapeutically in a variety of viral infections (including hepatitis B and C) and certain cancers (such as melanoma, renal cell carcinoma).
The BioLegend Human IFN-α2 ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). The human IFN-α2 capture antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells and free IFN-α2 binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, biotinylated anti-human IFN-α2 detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of IFN-α2 present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader. Different IFN-α2 allelic variants can be detected equally.
- Kit Contents
- Human IFN-α2 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human IFN-α2 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human IFN-α2 Standard
- Matrix Diluent A
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Assay Buffer G
- Verified Reactivity
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 2.94 pg/mL with assay buffer and 2.57 pg/mL with matrix
- Standard Range
- 12.5-800 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: BioLegend Cat. No. 423501 is recommended
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.