|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity. Streptavidin-Cy5 is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies. The excitation of Cy5 by 625-650 nm laser light induces a fluorescence emission maximum of 670 nm.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin is conjugated with Cyanine5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml (concentration relates to the Streptavidin only component of the conjugate)
- Storage & Handling
- The streptavidin-Cy5 solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC, ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this Streptavidin-Cyanine5 is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The concentration provided is based upon molecular mass of streptavidin independent of any additional molecular mass that might be added by the Cyanine5 conjugation. For immunofluorescent staining, the recommended use of this reagent is = 0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl staining volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Streptavidin-Cy5 is useful as a second step reagent for indirect immunofluorescent staining, when used in conjunction with biotinylated primary antibodies. The average molecular weight of streptavidin-Cy5 is 60 kD and Streptavidin alone is 52 kD.
- Additional Product Notes
BioLegend is in the process of converting the name Cy5 to Cyanine5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our Cyanine5 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations