- TC11-8H4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-17, Cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 8 (CTLA-8)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-17, also known as CTLA-8, is a T cell-expressed pleiotropic cytokine that exhibits a high degree of homology to a protein encoded by the ORF13 gene of herpes virus Saimiri. Recent study has shown that IL-17 is produced by Th cells (Th17) that are distinct from the traditional Th1- and Th2-cell subsets. IL-23 plays an important role in triggering IL-17 production. Both recombinant and natural IL-17 have been shown to exist as disulfide linked homodimers. IL-17 exhibits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including: the induction of IL-6 and IL-8 production in fibroblasts; activation of NF-κB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. IL-17 is an essential inflammatory mediator in the development of autoimmune diseases. Neutralization of IL-17 with monoclonal antibody is able to ameliorate the disease course. The TC11-8H4 antibody antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-17 (IL-17).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-17A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.5-2 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-17 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 15.63 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA2 and ELISPOT3 Detection: The biotinylated TC11-8H4 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified TC11-18H10 antibody (Cat. No. 506901) as the capture antibody, and with recombinant mouse IL-17 (Cat. No. 564101) as the standard.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kennedy J, et al. 1996. J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 16:611.
- Herrada A, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:191
- Nekrasova T, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:2734.
- Product Citations
AB_315465 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507001)
AB_315466 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507002)
- Cytokine; dimer; 15 kD (Mammalian)
- Secretion of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, prostaglandin E2 by epithelial, endothelial or fibroblastic cells; stimulates cell migration, cord formation, and IL-6 secretion by stromal cells
- Cell Sources
- CD4+ memory T cells
- Cell Targets
- Fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, stromal cells
- IL-17R (CD217)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Numasaki M, et al. 2002. Blood 101:2620.
3. Fossiez F, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 183:2593.
4. Yao Z, et al. 1997. Cytokine 9:794.
5. Dong C. 2006 Nat. Rev. Immunol. 6(4):329.
6. Hofstetter HH, et al. 2005 Cell. Immunol. 237(2):123.
- Gene ID
- 16171 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Other FormatsView All IL-17A Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Biotin anti-mouse IL-17A||TC11-8H4||ELISA Detection,ELISPOT Detection|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-17A Antibody||TC11-8H4||ELISA|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.