|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-17A/F is part of the IL-17 cytokine family which consists of six structurally related proteins (IL-17A, B, C, D, E, and F). IL-17A is expressed primarily by Th17 cells, a subset of CD4 T cells. IL-17F is most closely related to IL-17A. The two molecules share 50% aminoacid sequence homology. Like IL-17A, IL-17F mRNA and protein have been detected in Th17 cells. IL-17F and IL-17A exist as a homodimers, adopting a cysteine knot motif formed through the interactions of four cysteines, one of which is responsible for the interchain bonding. IL-17F and IL-17A can form both homodimeric and heterodimeric proteins when expressed in a recombinant system and all forms of the recombinant proteins have in vitro functional activity. In addition, activated human CD4-T cells produce the homodimers of IL-17F, IL-17A, and the IL-17F/IL-17A heterodimer.Product Details
- Molecular Mass
- Recombinant hIL-17A/F is a disulfide linked heterodimer consisting of N-terminal methionylated hIL-17A and non-methionylated hIL-17F. The recombinant heterodimer has a predicted molecular mass of 30,552 Da. The DTT-reduced protein migrates as monomers, at approximately 16kDa by SDS-PAGE. The non-reduced protein migrates as a heterodimer, at approximately 31kDa by SDS-PAGE.
- Purity is >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 10 mM NaH2PO4, 300 mM NaCl, pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is < 0.1 EU/µg (< 0.01 ng/µg) protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.) Please note, new lots of the 100 µg size will be lot-specific and may differ from previous lots that had a fixed concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Activity was tested by induction of IL-6 in human neonate skin fibroblasts by IL-17A/F. The ED50 is 4 - 20 ng/ml.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
IL-17A/F is expressed by Th17 cells and activated CD4 T cells
- IL-17A/F induces the expression of CXCL1/GROα in a human bronchial epithelial cell line and primary human skin fibroblasts
- IL-17A/F might act primarily on parenchymal cells such as fibroblasts, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells
- IL-17A/F binds to IL-17RA and IL-17RC
- Cell Sources
- Human IL-17A, amino acids Ile20-Ala155 (Accession # NM_002190) and human IL-17F, amino acids Arg31-Gln163 (Accession # AF384857) were expressed independently in E. coli.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Chang SH, et al. Cell Res 17:435-440 2007.
2. Liang SC, et al. JI 179:7791-7799 2007.
3. Wright JF, et al. J. Biol. Chem. 282:13447-13455 2007.
4. Wright JF, et al. J. Immunol. 181:2799-2805 2008.
5. Fouser LA, et al. Immunol. Rev. 226:87-102 2008.
- Gene ID
- 112744 View all products for this Gene ID 3605 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A/F on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.