- 1TBP18 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TATA-box-binding protein, TATA sequence-binding protein, TATA-binding factor, TATA-box factor, Transcription initiation factor TFIID TBP subunit, TBP
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The TATA-binding protein, also known as TBP or Tata Binding Protein, is the general transcription factor that functions at the core of the DNA-binding multiprotein factor TFIID. Binding of TFIID to the TATA box is the initial transcriptional step of the pre-initiation complex (PIC), which plays a role in the activation of eukaryotic genes transcribed by RNA polymerase II. This protein is a component of the transcription factor SL1/TIF-IB complex, which is involved in the assembly of the PIC during RNA polymerase I-dependent transcription. The rate of PIC formation is assumed to be primarily dependent on the rate of the association of SL1 with the rDNA promoter. SL1 is involved in stabilization of nucleolar transcription factor 1/UBTF on rDNA.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Other mammalian species
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
KO/KD-WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: gel supershift.
Human TBP has 339 amino acid with predicted Mw 38 kD, while mouse TBP has 316 amino acid with predicted Mw 35 kD. Clone 1TBP18 recognizes epitope 1-20.
- Application References
- Thompson NE, et al. 2004. Protein Expr. Purif. 36:186.
- Product Citations
AB_2721754 (BioLegend Cat. No. 668305)
AB_2721755 (BioLegend Cat. No. 668306)
- TBP is a 37 kD transcription factor that is involved in eukaryotic transcription initiation.
- General transcription factor that functions at the core of the DNA-binding multiprotein factor TFIID. Binding of TFIID to the TATA box is the initial transcriptional step of the pre-initiation complex (PIC), playing a role in the activation of eukaryotic genes transcribed by RNA polymerase II.
- Binds DNA as monomer. Belongs to the TFIID complex together with the TBP-associated factors (TAFs). Part of a TFIID-containing RNA polymerase II pre-initiation complex that is composed of TBP and at least GTF2A1, GTF2A2, GTF2E1, GTF2E2, GTF2F1, GTF2H2, GTF2H3, GTF2H4, GTF2H5, GTF2B, TCEA1, ERCC2, ERCC3, TAF1, TAF2, TAF3, TAF4, TAF5, TAF6, TAF7, TAF8, TAF9, TAF10, TAF11, TAF12 and TAF13. Interacts with TFIIB, NCOA6, DRAP1, DR1 and ELF3, SPIB, SNAPC1, SNAPC2 and SNAPC4, UTF1, BRF2, UBTF, GPBP1, HIV-1 Tat, herpes simplex virus 1 ICP4, TBP-TATA complex, LLPH, HSF1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
- Hoffmann A, et al. 1990. Nature. 346:387.
- Peterson MG, et al. 1990. Science. 248:1625.
- Kwon H, et al. 1994. J Biol Chem. 269:30140.
- Comai L, et al. 1994. Science. 266:1966.
- Gene ID
- 8148 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tata Binding Protein on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.