- S18018A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T8, Lyt2, Ly-2
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8, also known as Lyt-2, Ly-2, or T8, consists of disulfide-linked α and β chains that form the α(CD8a)/β(CD8b) heterodimer and α/α homodimer. CD8a is a 34 kD protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin family. The CD8 α/β heterodimer is expressed on the surface of most thymocytes and a subset of mature TCR α/β T cells. CD8 expression on mature T cells is non-overlapping with CD4. The CD8 α/α homodimer is expressed on a subset of γ/δ TCR-bearing T cells, NK cells, intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes, and lymphoid dendritic cells. CD8 is an antigen co-receptor on T cells that interacts with MHC class I on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. CD8 promotes T cell activation through its association with the TCR complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CD8a
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-F - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2910346 (BioLegend Cat. No. 164702)
- Ig superfamily, CD8α chain, 34 kD
Most thymocytes, T cell subset, some NK cells, lymphoid dendritic cells
- Co-receptor for TCR
- MHC class I molecule
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1979. Immunol Rev. 47:63-90.
- Hathcock KS. 1991. Current Protocols in Immunology. 3.4.1.
- Takahashi K, et al. 1992. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 89:5557-61.
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1981. J Exp Med. 153:1503-16.
- Hata H, et al. 2004. J Clin Invest. 114:582-8.
- Fan WY, et al. 2001. Exp Biol Med. 226:1045-50.
- Shih FF, et al. 2006. J Immunol. 176:3438-48.
- Kamimura D, et al. 2006. J Immunol. 177:306-14.
- Bouwer HGA, et al. 2006. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 103:5102-7.
- Kao C, et al. 2005. Int Immunol. 17:1607-17.
- Ko SY, et al. 2005. J Immunol. 175:3309-17.
- Rasmussen JW, et al. 2006. Infect Immun. 74:6590-8.
- Gene ID
- 12525 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-mouse CD8a||S18018A||IHC-F|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.