- TU27/Tubulin (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tubulin, beta 2A
Covance Catalog# MMS-410P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Tubulin is ubiquitously expressed and is the major constituent of microtubules, which are composed of alpha and beta tubulin heterodimers. There are five distinct forms of tubulin: alpha, beta, gamma, delta, and epsilon. Beta tubulin has multiple isoforms that are expressed in mammalian tissues and localize to different places in the cell.Product Details
- Bovine, Rat, Chinese Hamster, Sea Urchin, Chlamydamonas, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated against taxol-assembled microtubules.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB, ICC, IHC
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1 µg/mL (1:1000)
• IF: 1,000
- Application Notes
Reactivity to Drosophila was only verified with the purified format.
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting and immunostaining.
*Predicted MW = 55 kD
The TU27 clone is broadly reactive to b-tubulin subtypes and binds outside of the C-terminal isotype domains, but does not cross react with alpha-tubulin by immunoblotting. It recognizes a highly conserved epitope and reacts with ß-tubulin found in vertebrate as well as invertebrate tissues.
- Additional Product Notes
For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg/mL in Drosophila and 1.0 µg/mL in other species.
- Application References
- Product Citations
AB_2565030 (BioLegend Cat. No. 903401)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 533307 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Tubulin on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.