- OX-34 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LFA-2, T11
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD2, also known as LFA-2, is a member of the immunoglobulin gene family with an approximate molecular weight of 45 kD. It is expressed on thymocytes, peripheral T cells, dendritic epidermal T cells, macrophages in the spleen, and NK cells. CD2 can associate with the T cell receptor and participate in T cell activation through adhesion and signal transduction. CD2 binds to CD48, CD58, and CD59. The OX-34 antibody blocks CD48 binding to CD2. It has been reported to partially block T cell activation and inhibit the mixed lymphocyte reaction in vitro. The OX-34 antibody has also been used to deplete peripheral T cells and prevent allograft rejection in vivo.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Rat T cell blasts from mixed lymphocyte reactions
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry1 of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections, immunoprecipitation2, partial in vitro blocking of T cell responses3, and in vivo depletion of T cells3.
- Application References
- Williams AF, et al.. 1987. J. Exp. Med. 165:368.
- Jefferies WA, et al.. 1985. J. Exp. Med. 162:117.
- Hirahara H, et al.. 1995. Transplantation 59:85.
- Product Citations
AB_2228899 (BioLegend Cat. No. 201303)
- Ig superfamily, approximately 45 kD
Thymocytes, T cells, dendritic epidermal T cells, splenic macrophages, NK cells
- Adhesion, T cell activation
- CD48, CD59
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Jefferies WA, et al.. 1985. J. Exp. Med. 162:117.
2. Williams AF, et al.. 1987. J. Exp. Med. 165:368.
- Gene ID
- 497761 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD2 on UniProt.org
|FITC anti-rat CD2||OX-34||FC|
|PE anti-rat CD2||OX-34||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.