- Poly5176 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-2, T cell growth factor (TCGF), Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Killer cell helper factor (KHF), Macrophage-activating factor for cytotoxicity I (MAF-C I), Thymocyte differentiation factor (TDF)
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-2 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which exerts its biological activity primarily on T cells promoting proliferation and maturation. Additionally, IL-2 has been found to stimulate growth and differentiation of B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, and oligodendrocytes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25-1.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-2 protein ranging from 500 to 7.8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate when paired with MQ1-17H12 (Cat. No. 500302). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated Poly5176 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified MQ1-17H12 (Cat. No. 500302) antibody as the capture antibody.
Note: For testing human IL-2 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. No. 431807 & 431808) are specially developed and recommended.
- Product Citations
AB_2564274 (BioLegend Cat. No. 517605)
- Cytokine; 15.4 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation of T lymphocytes, B cells, anti-inflammatory, hematopoiesis, tumor surveillance
- Cell Sources
- T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, macrophages, oligodendrocytes
- High affinity heterotrimer of IL-2Ra/b/g, intermediate affinity homodimer IL-2Ra (CD25; p55; Tac) and heterodimer IL-2Rb (CD122)/g; g-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Taniguchi T, et al. 1993. Cell 73:5.
3. Nistico G. 1993. Prog. Neurobiol. 40:463.
4. Waldmann T, et al. 1993. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 685:603.
- Upregulated by NFAT; downregulated by TCF-8, CIF (colostrums inhibitory factor)
- Gene ID
- 3558 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Other FormatsView All IL-2 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Biotin anti-human IL-2||Poly5176||ELISA Detection|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.