- Y1/82A (See other available formats)
- VI MR23
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD68 is a 110 kD glycoprotein, also known as macrosialin, belonging to the sialomucin family. It is closely related to the family of acidic, highly glycosylated lysosomal-associated membrane proteins (LAMPs). CD68 is predominately expressed in cytoplasmic granules of monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, and granulocytes. It is one of the useful myeloid cell markers. Further studies have shown that CD68 is also expressed by a subset of hematopoietic progenitors, γ/δ T cells, NK cells, LAK cells, subset of B cells, fibroblasts, and endothelial cells. The biological function of CD68 is still unknown.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported application: immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue.
- Application References
- Doussis IA, et al. 1993. J. Clin. Pathol. 46:334.
- Davey FR, et al. 1988. J. Clin. Pathol. 41:753.
- Bushway ME, et al. 2014. Biol Reprod. 90(5): 110. (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2074833 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333811)
AB_2074832 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333812)
- Sialomucin family, 110 kD
Monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes, subset of hematopoietic progenitors, γ/δ T cells, NK cells, LAK cells, subset of B cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Granulocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Holness CL and Simmons DL. 1993. Blood 81:1607.
2. Gottfried E, et al. 2008. Scand. J. Immunol. 67:453.
3. Hameed A, et al. 1994. Hum. Pathol. 25:872.
- Gene ID
- 968 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD68 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.