The reconstituted lyophilized human leukocytes can be used for immunofluorescent staining and multi-color flow cytometry assays. The cells can be used as controls for stability studies to avoid donor variability. These cells have been verified to work with commonly tested cell surface markers such as CD3, CD4, CD8, CD19, CD20, CD56/16, CD14, CD25, CD69, HLA-DR, Granzyme B, Perforin, Foxp3, and Helios.
View all 100+ markers verified by LEGENDScreen™.
This product contains human cells, a potentially biohazardous material. Blood used in preparation of these samples was tested and found to be negative, using FDA approved methods, for antibody and nucleic acid testing against Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Hepatitis B and C virus and HTLV (Human T-Lymphotrophic virus I and II), surface antigen for Hepatitis B (HBsAg) virus and syphilis and West Nile Virus. Biological tests are not 100% accurate. Use standard precautions when handling and treat as if the product is capable of transmitting disease. When handling or disposing, follow precautions described in CDC and FDA recommendations and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.
- Kit Contents
For Cat. No. 426001
1 vial of lyophilized Veri-Cells™Leukocytes (4-6 x 106 cells)
1 vial containing 1.5 ml of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A
For Cat. No. 426002
4 vials of lyophilized Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes (4-6 x 106 cells per vial)
4 vials containing 1.5 ml of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A each
For Cat. No. 426003
2 vials of lyophilized Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes (> 1 x 106 cells per vial)
1 vial containing 700 µl of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A each
For Cat. No. 426004
10 vials of lyophilized Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes (> 1 x 106 cells per vial)
5 vial containing 700 µl of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A each
Cat. Nos. 426003 and 426004: ≥ 1 X 106 lyophilized human peripheral blood leukocytes per vial.
Cat. Nos. 426001 and 426002: ≥ 5 X 106 lyophilized human peripheral blood leukocytes per vial.
- The Veri-Cells™ Leukocyte Kit is prepared from lyophilized human leukocytes and a vial of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A.
- Storage & Handling
- Store the kit at 2°C - 8°C upon receipt. Do not open sealed pouch until ready to use. Once reconstituted, the cells may be used for up to five days if properly stored at 2°C - 8°C in the buffer provided. This product is guaranteed for a minimum of 6 months, or until the expiration date stated in the COA, when properly stored. Contact BioLegend Technical Support for information on the current lots.
FC - Quality tested
ICFC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
50 µl per 5 test vials (after reconstitution with 325 µl)
50 µl per 25 test vials (after reconstitution with 1.3 ml)
Note: Veri-Cells™ Buffer A may show precipitation over time, however this is normal and does not affect performance of the buffer.
- Application Notes
The Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes Kit can be used as a positive control for surface and intracellular immunofluorescent staining and multi-color flow cytometry assays. It can also be used for the detection of intracellular molecules such as Granzyme B, Perforin, Foxp3 and Helios using BioLegend’s Fixation Buffer (Cat. No. 420801) and Intracellular Staining Permeabilization Wash Buffer (10X) (Cat. No. 421002) or the True Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401). For best results, Cell Staining Buffer (Cat. No. 420201) is recommended for any washing steps. Please note, any claims relative to product performance are based on testing with BioLegend reagents and protocols. Deviations from the use of these reagents and procedures have not been assessed and may affect performance.
Protocol for using Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes:
- Remove a vial of Veri-Cell™ Leukocytes from the refrigerator and warm to room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Add 1.3ml of the Veri-Cell™ Buffer A to the cell pellet, replace the rubber stopper and mix by inversion for 5 seconds. Allow at least 5 minutes for the cells to rehydrate prior to staining.
- Aliquot the required amount of cells into test tubes. Stain with antibodies using our recommended surface or intracellular staining protocols. Cell Staining Buffer (Cat. No. 420201) is recommended for washing and analysis steps. The cells are ready for acquisition.
Please use our CoA Look-Up Tool to find the expected lot-specific frequencies of certain cell populations included within each lot of Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes. The antibodies used for testing were the following: CD56 PE (clone 5.1H11), CD16 PE (clone 3G8), CD19 APC (clone HIB19), CD3 FITC (clone UCHT1), CD4 PE/Cy7 (clone RPA-T4), CD8 APC/Cy7 (clone RPA-T8), CD14 PE/Dazzle™ 594 (clone HCD14) and CD15 Pacific Blue™ (clone W6D3). Percent positive is based on gates set on unstained cells. The Certificate of Analysis specific values are provided only as a reference. Variability in antibodies used, instruments, staining conditions and other factors may influence end-user values. It is recommended that individual laboratories establish its own control values and ranges for each parameter based on laboratory specific conditions and protocols.
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- Which markers can be stained?
Veri-Cells™ products have been validated against the human LEGENDScreen™ panel. View all the cell markers verified here.