- A16079E (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon gamma-inducible protein 10 (IP-10), Interferon gamma induced factor, gIP-10, IFI10, INP10, cytokine responsive gene-2 (CRG2)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Select size of product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31, 2023. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
CXCL10 is an ELR-negative chemokine structurally and functionally related to CXCL9 and CXCL11. CXCL10, CXCL9, and CXCL11 are produced and secreted by monocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts, and epithelial cells upon stimulation with proinflammatory cytokines, especially IFNγ. CXCL10 chemoattracts CD4, CD8, and NK and NKT cells through the binding to its receptor CXCR3, which is shared with CXCL9 and CXCL11. In addition, CXCL10 inhibits neovascularization in tumors and in wound healing in vivo. Also, CXCL10 has anti-proliferative effects on endothelial cells in vitro, and angiostatic and antitumor effects in vivo. It has been suggested that the anti-proliferative effect of CXCL10 in endothelial cells is CXCR3-independent and that it is mediated through GAG interaction. CXCL10 also possesses antimicrobial activity against E. coli and L. monocytogenes, and both the spore and bacillus forms of B. anthracis. CXCL10 expression is strongly upregulated in many inflammatory diseases, including arthritis, type I diabetes, experimental autoimmune encepahlomyelitis, atherosclerosis, allograft rejection, and others.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CXCL10 (IP-10)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralizing the chemotaxis induced by recombinant mouse CXCL10 (IP-10) (Cat. No. 573604) at 8 ng/mL on mouse Baf3- mCXCR3 transfectants. ND50 range: 0.6 - 3 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2922639 (BioLegend Cat. No. 604453)
AB_2922639 (BioLegend Cat. No. 604454)
Interferon gamma-stimulated keratinocytes, monocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial, and T cells
- CXCL10 chemoattracts CD4, Th1, CD8, and NK and NKT cells. CXCL10 is induced by inflammatory cytokines. NH2-terminal cleavage of CXCL10 by DPP-IV/CD26 impairs its chemoattracting capacity and CXCR3 signaling ability.
- Activated T cells, Th1 cells, regulatory T cells, NK cells, NKT cells, endothelial cells, and fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Luster AD, et al. 1985. Nature 315:672-6.
- Vanguri P, et al. 1990. J. Biol. Chem. 265:15049-57.
- Loos T, et al. 2008. Blood 112:2648-56.
- Crawford MA, et al. 2009. Infect. Immun. 77:1664-78.
- Campanella GS, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e12700.
- Hoerning A. 2011. Eur. J. Immunol. 41:2291-302.
- Gene ID
- 15945 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL10 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CXCL10 (IP-10)||A16079E||Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.