- 206D (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Forkhead box protein P3, Scurfin, JM2, IPEX, Zinc finger protein JM2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
FOXP3 is a 50-55 kD transcription factor, also known as Forkhead box protein P3, Scurfin, JM2, or IPEX. It is proposed to be a master regulatory gene and more specific marker of T regulatory cells than most cell surface markers (such as CD4 and CD25). Transduced expression of FOXP3 in CD4+/CD25- cells has been shown to induce GITR, CD103, and CTLA4 and impart a T regulatory cell phenotype. FOXP3 is mutated in X-linked autoimmunity-allergic dysregulation syndrome (XLAAD or IPEX) in humans and in "scurfy" mice. Overexpression of FOXP3 has been shown to lead to a hypoactive immune state suggesting that this transcriptional factor is a central regulator of T cell activity. In human, unlike in mouse, two isoforms of FOXP3 have been reported: one (FOXP3) corresponding to the canonical full-length sequence; the other (FOXP3 δ2) lacking exon 2. The 206D antibody recognizes human FOXP3 epitope in the region of amino acids 105-235.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Pigtailed Macaque
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length FOXP3 protein
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- This kit is guaranteed for six months. Upon receipt, store between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
1. Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human FOXP3/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP antibody cocktail - 25 tests
2. Alexa Fluor® 488 Mouse IgG1, κ isotype control/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP antibody cocktail - 25 tests
3. True-Nuclear™ Transcription Buffer Set - 120 tests (Cat. No. 424401)
Materials not included:
1. Cell Staining Buffer (Cat. No. 420201)
2. Single Color Compensation Controls
Immunofluorescence Staining Procedures:
1. Aliquot 100 µL of target cells to each tube.
2. Add 1 mL of the Transcription Factor 1X Fix solution to each tube, vortex, and incubate at room temperature in the dark for 30-60 minutes.
3. Without washing, add 2 mL of the Transcription Factor 1X Perm Buffer to each tube.
4. Centifuge tubes at 400 x g at room temperature for five minutes, and discard the supernatant.
5. Add 2 mL of the Transcription Factor 1X Perm Buffer to each tube.
6. Centrifuge tubes at 400 x g at room temperature for five minutes, and discard the supernatant.
7. Resuspend the cell pellet in 100 µL of the Transcription Factor 1X Perm Buffer.
8. Add 20 µL of Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human FOXP3/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP antibody cocktail or 20 µL of Alexa Fluor® 488 mouse IgG1, κ isotype control/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP antibody cocktail into the appropriate tubes. Incubate in the dark at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
9. Add 2 mL of the Transcription Factor 1X Perm Buffer to each tube.
10. Centrifuge tubes at 400 x g at room temperature for five minutes, and discard the supernatant.
11. Add 2 mL of the cell staining buffer.
12. Centrifuge tubes at 400 x g at room temperature for five minutes, and discard the supernatant.
13. Resuspend in 0.5 mL cell staining buffer and then acquire tubes on a flow cytometer.
Caution: The True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set contains paraformaldehyde, which is toxic and mutagenic. Please handle with caution. Wear gloves, lab coats, and necessary protection to avoid direct contact.
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended over the Foxp3/Perm Buffer Set (Cat. No. 421403) and the Nuclear Factor Fixation and Permeabilization Buffer Set (Cat. No. 422601).
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections1, 8, 19-20, and Western blotting1. The binding of 206D to FOXP3 can be partially blocked by 259D, but 206D does not show significant blocking effect on 259D binding.
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Roncador G, et al. 2005. Eur. J. Immunol. 35:1681. (IHC)
- Yang ZZ, et al. 2006. Blood 107:3639.
- Liu W, et al. 2006. J. Exp. Med. 203:1701.PubMed
- Bollyky PL, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:744.
- Bell MP, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1893.
- Tran DQ, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-06-094656. PubMed
- Gao Q,et al.2007.J Clin Oncol.25:2586.(IHC) PubMed
- Pillai V,et al. 2008. Blood 111:463.PubMed
- Zheng Y, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:1683. PubMed
- Zonios DI, et al. 2008. Blood112:287. PubMed
- Kavanagh B, et al. 2008. Blood. PubMed
- Nevala WK, et al. 2009. Clin Cancer Res. 15:1931. PubMed
- Grant J, et al. 2009. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 76:69. PubMed
- Nigam P, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1690. PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (ICFC) PubMed
- Hartigan-O'Connor DJ,et al. 2007. J Exp Med.204:2679. PubMed
- Raghaven S, et al. 2009. Ann Rheum Dis. 68:1908. PubMed
- Hodi FS, et al. 2014. Cancer Immunol Res. 2:632.(IHC) PubMed
- Sziros E, et al. 2015. Clin Cancer Res. 21:2840.(IHC) PubMed
- Product Citations
- Forkhead/winged-helix transcription factor family, approximately 50 kD, contains zinc finger and forkhead domains
Nuclear; expressed in T regulatory cells
- Transcription factor proposed to be a master regulatory gene in T regulatory cell development and a critical factor for immune homeostasis
- Interacts with DNA
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Hori S, et al. 2003. Science 299:1057.
2. Gandhi R, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:846.
- FOXP3 is present at high levels in T regulatory cells, it can also be induced by T cell activation.
- Gene ID
- 50943 View all products for this Gene ID 50943 View all products for this Gene ID 20371 View all products for this Gene ID 317382 View all products for this Gene ID 916 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FOXP3 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cy5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cy5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
- Can I stain whole blood with anti-FOXP3 using your Foxp3 staining kit?
It is not recommended. It is best to use PBMCs for this testing.
- Can FOXP3 be costained with cytokines?
The larger holes created by the nuclear permeabilization required for FOXP3 may allow cytokines to leak out of the cell, making it harder to detect lowly-expressed cytokines. You may have to use a control where the cells are only permeabilized through the cell membrane.
|Purified anti-human FOXP3||206D||WB,ICFC,IHC-F,IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human FOXP3||206D||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human FOXP3||206D||ICFC|
|FITC anti-human FOXP3||206D||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human FOXP3||206D||ICFC|
|PE anti-human FOXP3||206D||ICFC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human FOXP3||206D||ICFC|
|True-Nuclear™ One Step Staining Human Treg Flow™ Kit (FOXP3 Alexa Fluor® 488/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP)||206D||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human FOXP3||206D||ICFC|
|KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-human FOXP3||206D||ICFC|
|Spark NIR™ 685 anti-human FOXP3 Antibody||206D||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human FOXP3
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human FOXP3
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human FOXP3
FITC anti-human FOXP3
Pacific Blue™ anti-human FOXP3
PE anti-human FOXP3
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human FOXP3
True-Nuclear™ One Step Staining Human Treg Flow™ Kit (FOXP3 Alexa Fluor® 488/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human FOXP3
KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-human FOXP3
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-human FOXP3 Antibody