- Prk 8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PARK2, AR-JP, LPRS2, PDJ, PRKN, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase parkin, Parkin 2, E3 ubiquitin ligase, parkinson disease protein 2, parkinson juvenile disease protein 2, Parkinson disease (autosomal recessive, juvenile) 2, parkin
Signet Catalog# 9530-02
Signet Catalog# 9530-05
Signet Catalog# 9530-10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39530
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Parkin (also known as PARK2, AR-JP, PRKN) is a protein encoded by the PARK2 gene in humans. It is a component of the E3 ubiquitin ligase complex that mediates the targeting of proteins for degradation. Mutations in the PARK2 gene cause a familial form of Parkinson’s disease called autosomal recessive juvenile Parkinson’s disease (AR-JP).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-P - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is reactive to the R2 domain of human and murine parkin.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Tay SP, et al. 2018. J Biol Chem. 285: 29231-29238. (WB, ICC)
- Pawlyk AC, et al. 2003. J Biol Chem. 278(48):48120-8. (WB, IHC-P)
AB_2810708 (BioLegend Cat. No. 808504)
AB_2564744 (BioLegend Cat. No. 808501)
AB_2564745 (BioLegend Cat. No. 808502)
AB_2564743 (BioLegend Cat. No. 808503)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Gene ID
- 5071 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Parkin on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Parkin||Prk 8||WB, ICC, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.