- APA1/1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CD3e molecule, epsilon (CD3-TCR complex), CD3e antigen, CD3 epsilon
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The CD3ε chain of the CD3-TCR complex is a type I membrane protein that undergoes conformational change following ligation of the TCR-CD3 complex. This conformational change leads to exposure of the proline rich sequence in CD3ε and results in recruitment of Nck. It is expressed by all mature T cells and forms a heteromeric complex with CD3 α/β or γ/δ and ζ chains. It is important in T cell development, and deficiency of this gene has been associated with severe immunodeficiency.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified denatured CD3 proteins from human thymus
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICFC - Quality tested
WB - Verified
in vivo cell tracking - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
ICC, IHC, IP - Reported by the developer, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 4.0 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone APA1/1 recognizes an activation-dependent intracellular epitope of the CD3e chain. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: immunofluorescent staining of paraformaldehyde fixed sections1, in vivo tracking of T cells 2, and Western blotting3. The LEAF purified format is recommended for in vivo studies.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Salmerón A, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:3047. (ICFC, IF)
- Risueño RM, et al. 2005. Blood. 106:601. (IF, in vivo tracking, Mouse Reactivity)
- Risueño RM, et al. 2008. PLos One. 3:e1747. (WB)
- Gil D, et al. 2005. J. Exp. Med. 201:517.
- Risueño RM, et al. 2006. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 103:9625.
AB_2563713 (BioLegend Cat. No. 362701)
AB_2563714 (BioLegend Cat. No. 362702)
- Type I membrane protein, part of the TCR-CD3 complex. 207 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 23 kD.
Mature T cells.
- Important role in T cell development and in linking antigen recognition with intracellular signaling pathways.
- Interacts with Nck.
- MHC antigen.
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Savage PD, et al. 1988. Cytogenet. Cell. Genet. 49:289.
2. DeJarnette JB, et al. 1998. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci USA. 95:14909.
3. Wang B, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:88.
4. Szymczak AL, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:270.
5. Borroto A, et al. 2014. J. Immunol. 192:2042.
- Gene ID
- 916 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3epsilon on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.