- 23C6 (See other available formats)
- V S246
- Other Names
- Vitronectin receptor, Integrin αV/β3, ITGAV, ITGB3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD51/CD61 is an integrin complex known as αVβ3. It is expressed at high levels on osteoclasts, endothelial cells, and melanoma cells and at low levels on platelets and macrophages. CD51 is a heterodimer composed of disulfide-linked 125 kD and 24 kD proteins. CD61 is also a member of the integrin family known as gpIIIa or β3 integrin. It is a 110 kD common β subunit of CD51/CD61 or CD41/CD61 complex. CD51/CD61, also known as the vitronectin receptor, mediates the binding of platelets to immobilized vitronectin without prior activation. Other ligands include RGD-containing proteins such as fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor (vWf), laminin, thrombospondin and the neural adhesion molecule L1. CD51/CD61 also mediates cell-cell adhesion via interaction with CD31. CD51/CD61 acts as an activation-independent receptor for platelet attachment and spreading on vitronectin and other RGD-containing proteins, including matrix components. The 23C6 antibody has been reported to be useful for blocking studies.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Chicken, Cynomolgus, Rabbit (Lapine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
IHC-F, IP, Block - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation5, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections5, immunofluorescence microscopy5, and blocking of cell adhesion4,6. The LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 304414).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp WB, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV Oxford University Press. New York.
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Horton M, et al. 1991. Exp. Cell Res. 195:368.
- Takahashi R, et al. 1999. Blood 93:1951. (Block)
- Davies J, et al. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:1817. (IF, IHC, IP)
- Deregibus MC, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-03-078709. (FC, Block)
- Barau A, et al. 2010. J. Ultrasound Med. 29:173. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_314438 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304402)
- Integrin, CD51/CD61 heterodimer, 24 kD
Platelets, B subset, activated T cells, monocytes/macrophages, osteoblasts, endothelial cells, melanoma
- Adhesion, bone metabolism and apoptosis
- Vitronectin, von Willebrand factor, fibrinogen, thrombospondin, osteopontin, denatured collagen
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Osteoclasts, Platelets, T cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Davies J, et al. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:1817.
2. Nesbitt S, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:16737.
- Gene ID
- 3685 View all products for this Gene ID 3690 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD51/61 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.