- B73.1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- FcγRIII, IGFR3, FCG3, FCGR3, FCGRIII
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD16 is known as low affinity IgG receptor III (FcγRIII). It is expressed as two distinct forms (CD16a and CD16b). CD16a (FcγRIIIA) is a 50-65 kD polypeptide-anchored transmembrane protein. It is expressed on the surface of NK cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, a subset of T cells and placental trophoblasts in humans. CD16b (FcγRIIIB) is a 48 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored protein. Its extracellular domain is over 95% homologous to that of CD16a, and it is expressed specifically on neutrophils. CD16 binds aggregated IgG or IgG-antigen complex which functions in NK cell activation, phagocytosis, and antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- NK cell-enriched fraction from human peripheral blood.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The epitope recognized by clone B73.1 is in the first membrane distal Ig-like domain of the CD16 molecule, which is different from that of clone 3G84.
Donor variability has been observed for clone B73.1 staining1, especially on granulocytes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Perussia B, et al. 1983. J. Immunol. 130:2133.
- Lanier LL, et al. 1985. J. Exp. Med. 162:2089.
- Perussia B, et al. 1984. J. Immunol. 133:180.
- Grier JT, et al. 2012. J. Clin. Invest. 122:3769. (Epitope)
- Product Citations
AB_2562692 (BioLegend Cat. No. 360701)
AB_2562693 (BioLegend Cat. No. 360702)
- Ig superfamily, transmembrane form (50-65 kD) or GPI-linked form (48 kD)
NK cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils and a subset of T cells
- Low affinity IgG Fc receptor, phagocytosis, ADCC
- IgG Fc receptor III (FcγRIII)
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Schubert J, et al. 1989. In Leucocyte Typing IV (Knapp W, ed) Oxford University Press Oxford pp 711.
2. Palmer BE, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:8415.
3. Schachner M and Martini R. 1995. Trends Neurosci. 18:183.
4. Wood KL, et al. 2005. Clin. Immunol. 117:294.
5. Björkström NK, et al. 2008. J. Immonol. 181:4219.
- Gene ID
- 2214 View all products for this Gene ID 2215 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD16 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.