- B73.1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- FcγRIII, IGFR3, FCG3, FCGR3, FCGRIII, Fc gamma receptor, Fc gamma receptor 3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD16 is known as low affinity IgG receptor III (FcγRIII). It is expressed as two distinct forms (CD16a and CD16b). CD16a (FcγRIIIA) is a 50-65 kD polypeptide-anchored transmembrane protein. It is expressed on the surface of NK cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, a subset of T cells and placental trophoblasts in humans. CD16b (FcγRIIIB) is a 48 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored protein. Its extracellular domain is over 95% homologous to that of CD16a, and it is expressed specifically on neutrophils. CD16 binds aggregated IgG or IgG-antigen complex which functions in NK cell activation, phagocytosis, and antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- NK cell-enriched fraction from human peripheral blood.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The epitope recognized by clone B73.1 is in the first membrane distal Ig-like domain of the CD16 molecule, which is different from that of clone 3G84.
Donor variability has been observed for clone B73.1 staining1, especially on granulocytes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Perussia B, et al. 1983. J. Immunol. 130:2133.
- Lanier LL, et al. 1985. J. Exp. Med. 162:2089.
- Perussia B, et al. 1984. J. Immunol. 133:180.
- Grier JT, et al. 2012. J. Clin. Invest. 122:3769. (Epitope)
- Product Citations
AB_2562692 (BioLegend Cat. No. 360701)
AB_2562693 (BioLegend Cat. No. 360702)
- Ig superfamily, transmembrane form (50-65 kD) or GPI-linked form (48 kD)
NK cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils and a subset of T cells
- Low affinity IgG Fc receptor, phagocytosis, ADCC
- IgG Fc receptor III (FcγRIII)
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Schubert J, et al. 1989. In Leucocyte Typing IV (Knapp W, ed) Oxford University Press Oxford pp 711.
2. Palmer BE, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:8415.
3. Schachner M and Martini R. 1995. Trends Neurosci. 18:183.
4. Wood KL, et al. 2005. Clin. Immunol. 117:294.
5. Björkström NK, et al. 2008. J. Immonol. 181:4219.
- Gene ID
- 2214 View all products for this Gene ID 2215 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD16 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|PE anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|APC anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|PerCP anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD16||B73.1||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD16
PE anti-human CD16
APC anti-human CD16
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD16
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD16
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD16
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD16
FITC anti-human CD16
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD16
PerCP anti-human CD16
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD16
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD16
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD16
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD16
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD16
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD16
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD16
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD16