- A16125E (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protein DJ-1, oncogene, DJ1, PARK7, Parkinson disease protein 7, Parkinsonism-Associated Deglycase, HEL-S-67p, epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 67p, GATD2, Protein Deglycase DJ-1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
DJ-1 (PARK7) belongs to the peptidase C56 family of proteins and is expressed in almost all human cells and tissues. DJ-1 is a multi-functional protein associated with mitochondrial function, mitophagy, and male fertility. It acts as an oxidative stress sensor, redox-sensitive chaperone and protease. Therefore, the protein has an important role in cell protection against oxidative stress and cell death. DJ-1 is also associated with prostate cancer, and specific mutations of the protein are linked to autosomal recessive, early onset Parkinson’s disease.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Human DJ-1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
Direct ELISA, IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For Direct ELISA, a concentration range of 0.002 - 1.0 µg/mL is recommended. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2721732 (BioLegend Cat. No. 851501)
AB_2721733 (BioLegend Cat. No. 851502)
- Human DJ-1 is a 189 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular weight of 20 kD. The protein consists of 7 β-strands and 7 α-helices, and exits as a dimer.
Tissue distribution: Highly expressed in pancreas, kidney, skeletal muscle, liver, testis and heart. Detected at slightly lower levels in brain and placenta.
Cellular distribution: Mitochondria, nucleus, cytosol, plasma membrane, and extracellular.
- DJ-1 functions as an oxidative stress sensor and redox-sensitive chaperone.
- PINK1, Parkin, EFCAB6/DJBP, OTUD7B, BBS1, HIPK1, CLCF1 and MTERF.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
- Gene ID
- 11315 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DJ-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.