- 12G5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VII 70204
- Other Names
- CXCR4, Fusin
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD184, also known as fusin or CXCR4, is a 45 kD seven transmembrane G-protein-linked CXC chemokine receptor. CD184 is widely expressed on blood and tissue cells, including B and T cells, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes, megakaryocytes/platelets, lymphoid, myeloid precursor cells, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, astrocytes, and neurons, among other tissue cells. CD184 is the receptor for CXC chemokine SDF-1, mediates blood cell migration, and is involved in B lymphopoiesis and myelopoiesis, cardiogenesis, blood vessel formation, and cerebellar development. CXCR4 is also a coreceptor of X4 HIV-1 and an alternative receptor for some isolates of HIV-2.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CP-MAC-infected Sup-T1 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded tissue sections11, immunocytochemistry3, immunofluorescence microscopy2,6, and blocking of CD4-independent infection by HIV-2 and CD4-dependent infection by some T cell-tropic isolates of HIV-14,5. Clone 12G5 may not be suitable for Western blotting.10 The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 306539 & 306540).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McKnight A, et al. 1997. J. Virol. 71:1692.
- Endres MJ, et al. 1996. Cell 87:745. (Immunogen, IF)
- Volin MV, et al. 1998. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 242:46. (ICC)
- Berndt C, et al. 1998. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95:12556. (Block)
- Ullrich CK, et al. 2000. Blood 96:1438. (Block)
- Murga M, et al. 2005. Blood 105:1992. (IF)
- Thompson BD. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:9547. (FC) PubMed
- Isnardi I, et al. 2010. Blood 115:5026. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Fischer T, et al. 2008. PLoS One 3:e4069.
- Schmid BC, et al. 2004. Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 84:247. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_10639734 (BioLegend Cat. No. 306515)
AB_10642818 (BioLegend Cat. No. 306516)
- Rhodopsin family, G-protein linked seven transmembrane glycoprotein, 45 kD
T cells and B cells, dendritic cells, monocytes, granulocytes, hematopoietic progenitors, endothelial cells
- B lymphopoiesis and myelopoiesis, cardiogenesis, blood vessel formation, cerebellar development
- SDF-1 receptor, coreceptor for X4 HIV-1
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Granulocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, Neural Stem Cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, GPCR
- Antigen References
1. Berger E, et al. 1999. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 17:657.
2. Loetscher P, et al. 2000. Adv. Immunol. 74:127.
3. Murphy P, et al. 2000. Pharmacol. Rev. 52:145.
- Gene ID
- 7852 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD184 on UniProt.org
- Does staining at room temperature or even at 37°C help for checking chemokine receptors expression?
Due to continuous recycling of many chemokine receptors, it may be worthwhile to consider staining at room temperature or at 37°C if the staining at lower temperature (which can potentially reduce receptor turnover) is not optimal.
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
Biotin anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
PE anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
Purified anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
Purified anti-human CD184 (CXCR4) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
TotalSeq™-A0366 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
TotalSeq™-C0366 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
TotalSeq™-B0366 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)
TotalSeq™-D0366 anti-human CD184 (CXCR4)