- Other Names
- IL25, IL-17E, IL17E, Interleukin 25, Interleukin 17E
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is currently available at 50% of list price. Promotional pricing cannot be combined with other discounts. Price reduction will be reflected during checkout.
If you are a customer who orders via a distributor, please contact your distributor for eligibility.
IL-25, also known as IL-17E, is a pro-inflammatory cytokine encoded by the IL25 gene located on chromosome 14. The IL-17 family consists of IL-17A, IL-17B, IL-17C, IL-17F, IL-17A/F, and IL-17E. The IL-17 family has a similar protein structure with four conserved cysteine residues and two disulfide bonds. IL-25 expression is widely distributed and can be produced by a variety of cells and tissues. IL-25 induces T helper 2 (Th2) expansion and production of cytokines IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13. This is important in eosinophil expansion, regulating gut immunity, and in the response to helminth parasites.
IL-25 has been demonstrated to play a role in allergy and asthma. IL-25 levels are positively correlated with the severity of allergenic rhinitis in patients. Blocking IL-25 has been proposed as an allergy treatment in combination with other therapies. IL-25 has also been associated with the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis and is frequently upregulated in the serum and synovial fluid of patients and in mouse models of rheumatoid arthritis.
BioLegend's ELISA MAX™ Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate. The plate is pre-coated with a monoclonal mouse capture antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated mouse monoclonal antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of mouse IL-25 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.Product Details
- Kit Contents
- Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution D
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent D (1X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 1.31 ± 0.43 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 12.5 - 800 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: BioLegend Cat. No. 423501 is recommended
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Epithelial cells, Macrophages, Mast cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- View information about IL-25 on UniProt.org
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe sets no longer come with plates, but Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat. No. 423501), and instructions on coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.