- RB6-8C5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Gr-1 is a 21-25 kD protein also known as Ly-6G/Ly-6C. This myeloid differentiation antigen is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked protein expressed on granulocytes and macrophages. In bone marrow, the expression levels of Gr-1 directly correlate with granulocyte differentiation and maturation; Gr-1 is also transiently expressed on bone marrow cells in the monocyte lineage. Immature Myeloid Gr-1+ cells play a role in the development of antitumor immunity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Raised against granulocytes of mouse origin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 570™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 570™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 570 nm. The bandpass filter 585/42 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 570™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone RB6-8C5 binds with high affinity to mouse Ly-6G molecules and to a lower extent to Ly-6C19. Clone RB6-8C5 impairs the binding of anti-mouse Ly-6G clone 1A819. However, clone RB6-8C5 is able to stain in the presence of anti-mouse Ly-6C clone HK1.420.
The RB6-8C5 antibody has been used to identify peripheral blood neutrophils and deplete granulocytes in vivo. Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: in vitro complement-mediated cytotoxicity2, in vivo depletion3-5,9, immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemical staining6 (including paraffin-embedded sections9,16,33-35, acetone-fixed frozen sections11 and zinc-fixed sections15), and Western blotting7. RB6-8C5 is not suitable for depletion of hepatic myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSCs)20.
Special Note: For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 108436).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399. (IP)
- Brummer E, et al. 1984. J. Leukocyte Biol. 36:505. (CMCD)
- Stoppacciaro A, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:151. (Deplete)
- Tumpey TM, et al. 1996. J. Virol. 70:898. (Deplete)
- Czuprynski CJ, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 152:1836. (Deplete)
- Nitta H, et al. 1997. Cell Vision 4:73. (IHC)
- Jutila MA, et al. 1988. Eur. J. Immunol. 18:1819. (WB)
- Engwerda CR, et al. 2004. Am. J. Pathol. 165:2123.
- Brown CR, et al. 2004. Infect. Immun. 72:4956. (Deplete, IHC)
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunology 6:1011. (FC) PubMed
- Li M, et al. 2006. P. Natl. Acad. Sci USA 103:11736. (IHC)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. Blood 109:1620. (FC) PubMed
- Fazilleau N, et al. 2007. Nature Immunol. 8:753. (FC) PubMed
- Heuser M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:1639. (FC) PubMed
- Wang T, et al. 2007. Infect. Immun. 75:1144. (IHC)
- Bosio CM, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4538. (IHC)
- Boehme SA, et al. 2009. Int. Immunol. 21:81. (IHC)
- Piao Y, et al. 2012. Neuro Oncol. 14:1379. PubMed
- Ribechini E, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Immunol. 39:3538.
- Ma C, et al. 2012. J. Leukoc. Biol. 92:1199.
- Li J, et al. 2012. Arthritis Rheum. 64:1098. PubMed
- Fan Q, et al. 2014. Cancer Res. 74:471. PubMed
- Korrer MJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:91370. PubMed
- Morshed M, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:5314. PubMed
- Collins C, et al. 2014. PNAS. 111:9899. PubMed
- Madireddi S, et al. 2014. J Exp Med. 211:1433. PubMed
- Bianchi G, et al. 2014. Cell Death Dis. 5:1135. PubMed
- Guo H, et al. 2014. J Leukoc Biol. 96:419. PubMed
- Roderick JE, et al. 2014. PNAS. 111:14436. PubMed
- Distel E, et al. 2014. Circ Res. 115:759. PubMed
- Iwai H, et al. 2015. Tuberculosis. 95:246. PubMed
- Charmsaz S, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10:130692. PubMed
- Whiteland J, et al. 1994 J Histochem Cytochem 43:3 (IHC-P)
- Brown C, et al. 2003 J Immunology 171:2 (IHC-P)
- Obregon-Henao A, et al. PLoS One 8:11 (IHC-P)
- Product Citations
AB_10896783 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108431)
- 21-25 kD
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399.
2. Jutila MA, et al. 1988. Eur. J. Immunol. 18:1819.
3. Goni O, et al. 2002. Int. Immunol. 14:1125.
- Gene ID
- 17067 View all products for this Gene ID 546644 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-6G Ly-6C on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Ly-6G/Ly-6C Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Biotin anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
FITC anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PE anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Purified anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PerCP anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Purified anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
TotalSeq™-A0116 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
TotalSeq™-C0116 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
TotalSeq™-B0116 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Spark Blue™ 550 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
APC/Fire™ 810 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Spark Violet™ 423 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (GR-1) Antibody
Spark UV™ 387 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (GR-1)