- 9F9B12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- NLR Family, Pyrin Domain Containing 1, NALP1, Caspase Recruitment Domain-Containing Protein 7 (CARD7), Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Vitiligo-Related 1 (SLEV1), NAC, CIDED, NALP1, DEFCAP, PP1044, VAMAS1, CLR17.1, DEFCAP-L/S
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
NLRP1, also known as NALP1, is a member of the NOD-like receptor (NLR) family that is responsible for the recognition of pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMP). NLRP1 is a sensor component of inflammasome that is involved in innate immune response. NLRP1-dependent activation of caspase-1 drives rapid proteolytic activation of caspase-1 and the maturation of the proinflammatory cytokines IL-1β and IL-18. The activation of NLRP1 leads to cell death of macrophages via pyroptosis, which results in the release of cytosolic contents and induces inflammatory responses. NLRP1 is found to be expressed at high levels in the brain and plays a crucial role in neuronal cell death and neurodegenerative diseases.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human NLRP1 recombinant protein (1-200 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2566263 (BioLegend Cat. No. 679802)
- 1473 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 165.8 kD. Contains an N-terminal PYD domain, a C-terminal CARD domain, a NACHT domain, and 6 leucine-rich repeats (LRR).
Cytoplasm and nucleus.
- NLRP1 mediates cytochrome c-dependent apoptosis. It is a key component of the NLRP1 inflammasome, which leads to the processing and secretion of IL-1β and IL-18.
- Interacts with caspase-2, caspase-9, APAF1, EIF2AK2, and MEFV.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Tan CC, et al. 2015. J. Neuroinflammation 12:18.
2. Tan MS, et al. 2014. Cell Death Dis. 5:e1382.
3. Cirelli KM, et al. 2014. PLoS Pathog. 10:e1003927.
4. Maier NK, et al. 2014. J. Immunol. 192:763.
5. Levandowski CB, et al. 2013. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 110:2952.
6. de Zoete MR, et al. 2012. Immunity 37:950.
- Gene ID
- 22861 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NLRP1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.