- P82D6D7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- α-tubulin 8, Tubulin α Chain-Like 2, TUBAL2, TUBA8
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Tubulin, one of the major constituents of microtubules, is a dimeric protein consisting of an alpha and beta tubulin. Tubulin is a highly conserved protein that is ubiquitously expressed. Tubulin is a GTP-binding protein that can be modified by phosphorylation and acetylation. Tubulin interacts with a variety of proteins including RAC GTPase activating protein 1, ZAP70, Polo-like kinase, c-Myc, Fyn, and microtubule associated protein 1A. Tubulin α 8 belongs to the Tubulin α family which contains 8 other members such as tubulin α 1A, tubulin α 4A, tubulin α 3E. It has been shown that mutations in the tubulin α 8 gene is associated with polymicrogyria and optic nerve hypoplasia.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant fragment of human Tubulin α 8 (a.a. 294-449) expressed in E. coli. This region shares high percentage of homology with other Tubulin α members.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone P82D6D7 may also recognize the other Tubulin α members since this clone was developed with partial sequence of tubulin α 8 (a.a. 294-449) that shares high percentage of homology with other members in the Tubulin α family such as tubulin α 4A, tubulin α 3C/D, and tubulin α 1A.
AB_2632654 (BioLegend Cat. No. 691702)
- Tubulin α 8 contains 449 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 50 kD.
- Tubulin is one of the major constituents of microtubules. Binds GTP, alpha chain contains a non-exchangeable GTP binding site.
- RAC GTPase activating protein 1, ZAP70, Polo-like kinase, c-Myc, Fyn, Microtubule associated protein 1A.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Cowan NJ, et al. 1983. Mol. Cell. Biol. 3:1738.
2. Miller FD, et al. 1987. J. Cell. Biol. 105:3065.
3. Wilde CD, et al. 1982. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 79:96.
4. Abdollahi MR, et al. 2009. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 85:737.
- Gene ID
- 51807 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin alpha 8 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.