- W18054D (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- POU domain, class 2, transcription factor 1, Octamer-binding transcription factor 1, NF-A1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Oct-1 is a member of the Pit-Oct-Unc (POU) domain family of transcription factors, which are characterized by a bipartite POU domain. The POU domain that contains two DNA-binding subdomains; an N-terminal POU-specific subdomain and a C-terminal homeobox subdomain, each of which are tethered by a variable linker sequence. Oct-1 can function as both a transcriptional activator and repressor, and controls the expression of housekeeping genes such as those encoding Histone H2B and snRNPs, as well as genes involved in development and differentiation. The highly-modular POU domain enables Oct-1 to drive diverse transcriptional programming that occurs in a tissue-specific manner. The POU domains confers the flexibility for Oct-1 to function as both a monomer, dimer, and heterodimer, and also facilitates the interaction between Oct-1 with a broad set of transcriptional cofactor proteins. Moreover, Oct-1 undergoes multiple post-translational modifications that confers DNA-binding specificity to certain promoters, including phosphorylation, ubiquitination, and sumoylation. Oct-1 is highly-expressed in many types of cancers, and functionally different isoforms produced from alternative promoter usage have been reported.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant protein corresponding to human OCT-1 amino acid residues 251-500
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was not tested for ICC
Non-specific band present in Ramos at 60 kD
AB_2814492 (BioLegend Cat. No. 625701)
AB_2814493 (BioLegend Cat. No. 625702)
- Oct-1 is a 743 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 76kD
- Transcription factor
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
- Pankratova EV, et al. 2018. Oncotarget. 9:29892
- Strum RA and Herr W. et al. 1988. Nature. 336:601.
- Strum RA, et al. 1988. Genes Dev. 2:1582.
- Gene ID
- 5451 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Oct-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.