- AA6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Microtubule-associated protein 2, MAP-2
Covance Catalog# MMS-485P
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Microtubules are required for many well characterized functions in eukaryotic cells, including the movement of chromosomes in mitosis and meiosis, intracellular transport, establishment and maintenance of cellular morphology, cell growth, cell migration and morphogenesis in multicellular organisms. Microtubules are associated with a family of proteins called microtubule associated proteins (MAPs), which includes the protein t (tau) and a group of proteins referred to as MAP1, MAP2, MAP3, MAP4 and MAP5. MAP2 is made up of two ~280kDa apparent molecular weight bands referred to as MAP2a and MAP2b. A third lower molecular weight form, usually called MAP2c, corresponds to a pair of protein bands running at ~70kDa on SDS-PAGE gels. All these MAP2 forms are derived from a single gene by alternate transcription.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• Western blot: 1:1,000*
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting.
*Predicted MW = 280 kD
This antibody will stain neuronal cell bodies and dendritic processes, and will not stain glial cells or axons. It is the best marker to distinguish dendrites from axons in the brain.
- Application References
- Olmsted JB. Microtubule-associated proteins. Annu Rev Cell Biol 2:421-57, 1986.
- Matus A. Microtubule associated proteins: Their potential role in determining neuronal morphology. Annu Rev Neurosci 11:29-44, 1988.
AB_2564917 (BioLegend Cat. No. 828101)
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 4133 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MAP2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All MAP2 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.