- RM3/1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, Hemoglobin/haptoglobin complex receptor, Macrophage-associated antigen, ED2(rat), Macrophage marker
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD163 is a member of the group B scavenger receptor cysteine-rich superfamily, also known as GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, hemoglobin-haptoglobin complex receptor, or macrophage-associated antigen. It is a 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein primarily expressed on macrophages, Kuffer cells, monocytes, subset of dendritic cells, and a subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. CD163 binds to haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex and TWEAK, and plays a role in clearing hemoglobin and regulating cytokine production by macrophages. Membrane CD163 can be cleaved by metalloproteinases (MMP), resulting in a soluble form. Elevated serum level of sCD163 has been implicated in many kinds of inflammation diseases.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human monocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone RM3/1 binds to domain 9 of CD163. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence7.
- Application References
- Högger P, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:1883. (FC)
- Zwadlo G, et al. 1987. Exp. Cell Biol. 55:295. (FC)
- Buechler C, et al. 2000. J. Leukoc. Biol. 67:97. (FC)
- Puig-Kroger A, et al. 2009. Cancer Res. 69:9395. (FC) PubMed
- Madsen M, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:51561. (FC)
- Jones K, et al. 2013. Clin Cancer Res. 19:731. (FC) PubMed
- Stewart DA, et al. 2012. Mol. Cancer Res. 10:727. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_893267 (BioLegend Cat. No. 326502)
- 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein, Scavenger receptor superfamily
Monocytes, macrophages, Kuffer cells, subset of dendritic cells, subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells
- Clearance of haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, regulation of cytokine production by macrophages
- Haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, TWEAK
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Roth J, et al. 1994. Transolantation. 57:127.
2. Van den Heuvel MM, et al.1999. J. Leukoc. Biol. 66:858.
3. Sulahian TH, et al. 2000. Cytokines 12:1312.
4. Fabriek BO, et al. 2007. J. Neuroimmunol. 187:179.
- Gene ID
- 9332 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD163 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC, ICC|
|PE anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
|APC anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.