- 1C1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- IL-3R common β chain, CDw131
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD131, also known as the IL-3R common β subunit (βC), is a 95-120 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein and belongs to the Ig superfamily. The common β subunit associates with the specific α subunits of IL-3 receptor, IL-5 receptor and GM-CSF receptor to form high affinity receptors for these cytokines. These cytokine receptors are expressed by neutrophils, eosinophils, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts and hematopoietic progenitor cells and play a crucial role in growth/activation of eosinophils and in the inflammatory response. The 1C1 antibody is a non-blocking antibody.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human IL-3R β chain transfected COS cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1,2 and immunoprecipitation2. The 1C1 antibody does not block binding of IL-3 and is a non-neutralizing antibody.
- Application References
- Stomski F, et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273:1192. (WB)
- Stomski F, et al. 1999. Blood 94:1933. (IP WB)
- Mark A, et al. 2000. Mol. Cell 6:99.
AB_2229992 (BioLegend Cat. No. 306102)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, associates with the α subunit of IL-3, IL-5, GM-CSF receptors, 95-120 kD
Low levels on monocytes, granulocytes, eosinophils, basophils, hematopoietic progenitors, endothelial cells
- Signal transducing molecule of IL-3, IL-5, GM-CSF receptors
- IL-3, IL-5, GM-CSF
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Endothelial cells, Eosinophils, Granulocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Sun Q, et al. 1999. Blood 94:1943.
2. Woodcock J, et al. 1997. Blood 90:3005.
3. Lopez A, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:24741.
- Gene ID
- 1439 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD131 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.