- ROS195G (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- B lymphocyte-induced maturation protein-1, PRDM-1, BLIMP1
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Blimp-1 is a 98 Kd protein containing five Kuppel-type zinc finger domains that confer sequence specific DNA binding. It has been postulated to be a master regulator of terminal B cell differentiation. In the BCL-1 lymphoma model of differentiation from mature B cells to plasma cells, ectopic expression of Blimp-1 is sufficient to cause terminal differentiation manifested by loss of surface immunoglobulin, IgM secretion, expression of syndecan-1 and cessation of cell division. Recently, it is reported that Blimp-1 is also involved in T cell differentiation and T cell homeostasis and suppression of IL-2 production.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant GST-blimp-1 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC, IP, ICC, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application References
- Product Citations
AB_2300132 (BioLegend Cat. No. 648202)
- 98 Kd protein containing five Kruppel-type zinc finger domains
Expressed in CD4+ and CD8+ effector/memory T cells and in Foxp3+ T reg cells. In the B cell lineage, it is specifically expressed in the antibody secreting cells.
- A transcription repressor expressed in B and T cells.
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Zhao WL, et al. 2008. Blood 111:3867.
2. Climmino L, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:2338.
3. Martins G and Calame K. 2008. Annu Rev Immunol. 26:133.
- Gene ID
- 639 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Blimp-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.