- 15E7C90 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protein artemis, DNA cross-link repair 1C protein (DCLRE1C), ASCID, SCIDA, SNM1 homolog C (SNM1C)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Artemis, also known as DCLRE1C, is a nuclear protein belonging to the metallo-β-lactamase superfamily. Artemis has been found to be required for the assembling of B cell antibody genes and T cell receptor genes from individual V, D, and J segments. During V(D)J recombination, Artemis forms a complex with DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-‘PK) and cuts the DNA with hairpin structure. Deficiency in Artemis results in blocking of V(D)J recombination and failure to produce mature B and T cells, which is known as the condition of severe combined immune deficiency (SCID). Artemis is also found to be involved in the termini processing step of double-strand break (DSB) repair. Artemis-deficient cells are more sensitive to DSB induced by ionizing radiation or chemical agents such as bleomycin and neocarzinostatin.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human Artemis recombinant protein (347-692 aa) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody has a similar affinity to BioLegend clone 13A9C90 for human Artemis by western blot, but does not recognize mouse Artemis
AB_2632653 (BioLegend Cat. No. 691602)
- 692 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 78.4 kD. Four isoforms produced by alternative splicing.
- Artemis is a nuclear protein exhibiting single-strand-specific 5'-3' exonuclease activity and endonuclease activity. It plays crucial roles in V(D)J recombination and DNA repair.
- Interacts with ATM, BRCA1, PRKDC and TP53BP1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, DNA Repair/Replication
- Antigen References
1. Chang HH, et al. 2016. Nucleic Acids Res. 44:4991.
2. Volk T, et al. 2015. Hum. Mol. Genet. 24:7361.
3. Waide EH, et al. 2015. J. Immunol. 195:3171.
4. Lee PP, et al. 2013. Clin. Immunol. 149:464.
5. Köcher S, et al. 2012. Nucleic Acids Res. 40:8336.
6. Beucher A, et al. 2009. EMBO J. 28:3413.
- Gene ID
- 64421 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Artemis on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.