- N295B/66 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ADP-ribosylation factor-like protein 13B, ADP-ribosylation factor-like protein 2-like 1, ARL2-like protein 1 and Arl2l1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The ADP-ribosylation factor (Arf)-like small GTPase Arl13b is a small GTPase mainly found in primary cilia of neuroeptithelial cells, radial glial cells and fibroblast. The Arl13b null mice display multiple structural defects in the neural tube, limbs, and eyes. Loss of Arl13b function is associated with impaired sonic hedgehog signaling, disrupted cilia polarity and scaffold in radial progenitor cells. Three mutations in human Arl13b gene have been identified in Joubert Syndrom (JS) patients, two of which are located in the GTP-binding sensitive switch region, known as switch 2 region. Consistent with the mutant phenotype in the mouse null allele, Joubert syndrome patients are characterized with neural, ocular and renal defects, and mental retardation. Multiple studies have suggested that the role of Arl13b in ciliogenesis is mediated by the sonic hedgehog signaling.
Recently, Arl13b was also shown to mediate endocytic trafficking of CD1a, an MHC-class 1 like antigen presenting molecule which presents lipids rather proteins. Loss of Arl13b causes the clustering of early endosomes and accumulation of endocytic cargos. In this process, Arl13 colocalizes with 2 other endocytic markers, Arf2 and Rab22a, and may interact with actin cytoskeleton.
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 208-427 (C-terminus) of mouse Arl13b.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2801215 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857601)
AB_2801216 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857602)
- Murine Arl13b is a 427 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 48 kD.
Tissue distribution: Neuroepithelial cells, developing radial glial cells, and fibroblasts.
Cellular distribution: Localized in primary cilium, usually at apical cell soma domains of cells.
- Ciliogenesis in multiple organs; regulation of radial glial cell polarity and scaffold; control of microtube-based, ciliary axoneme structure; endocytic recycling and trafficking.
- Arl13b interacts with tubulin, actin cytoskeleton, and SUMO-conjugating enzyme UBC-9.
- Sonic hedgehog signaling ligand like Smoothened and Patched; ciliary sensory receptors
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins
- Antigen References
- Barral D.C. et al. 2012. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 109(52), 21354-9.
- Caspary, T.et al. 2007.Developmental Cell. 12, 767–778.
- Higginbotham, H. et al. 2013. Nat. Neurosci. 16(8):1000-7.
- Ivanova, A.A. et al. 2017. J Biol Chem. 292(26), 11091–11108.
- Li Y. et al. 2012. J. Cell Biol. 199(4), 589-98.
- Gene ID
- 68146 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Arl13b on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.