- TW7-16B4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Latency Associated Peptide (LAP), Transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-b1), TGFB1, DPD1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β) is a cytokine that has critical functions in the immune response by regulating Treg and Th17 cells. TGF-β is first synthesized as pro-TGF-β and then it is cleaved by furin proprotein convertase in the Golgi apparatus to produce the dimeric propeptides called latency-associate peptide (LAP) that non-covalently associates with the dimeric mature TGF-β to prevent its activity. This complex can further associate with latent-TGF-β-binding protein (LTBP) to produce a large latent form for deposition onto the extracellular matrix. The latent-TGF-β can be expressed on the membrane of activated Treg cells, immature dendritic cells, megakaryocytes, and platelets.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse Tgfb1-transduced P3U1 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- µg size: 0.2 mg/mLµL size: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone TW7-16B4 has been reported to not cross-react with bovine LAP.2 Several anti-LAP antibody clones have been compared and characterized for their LAP reactivity.2 TW7-16B4 recognizes recombinant LAP, latent TGF-β, and pro-TGF-β.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: Western blotting1 and immunoprecipitation1.
- Application References
- Oida T, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e15523. (FC, IP, WB)
- Oida T, et al. 2011. PLoS One 6:e18365. (Neut)
- Product Citations
AB_2561580 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141407)
AB_2650898 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141408)
- Dimmers of latency-associated peptide non-covalently associated with dimmers of mature TGF-β
- Many cell types, highly expressed on activated Tregs and platelets
- TGF-β controls cell differentiation, tissue morphogenesis, cell growth, inflammation, matrix synthesis, apoptosis, and regulates immune response
- TGF-β receptors
- Cell Type
- Tregs, Platelets, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Oida T, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e15523.
2. Tran D, et al. 2009. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106:13445.
3. Ochi H, et al. 2006. Nat. Med. 12:627.
4. Oida T, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:2516.
5. Nakamura K. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:629.
6. Miyazono K, et al. 1993. Growth Factors 8:11.
- Gene ID
- 21803 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LAP on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
|Purified anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC, IP, WB|
|PE anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
|APC anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
|Biotin anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||ELISA Detection|
|FITC anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.