- M1/69 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Heat Stable Antigen (HSA), Ly-52, Nectadrin
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD24 is a 35-45 kD protein also known as Heat Stable Antigen (HSA), Ly-52, or Nectadrin. It is a GPI-linked sialoglycoprotein expressed on lymphocytes, granulocytes, epithelial cells, thymocytes, monocytes, erythrocytes, and dendritic cells. CD24 expression varies during T and B cell differentiation and is a useful marker for delineating various lymphocyte developmental stages. CD24 serves as an adhesion or costimulatory molecule involved in T and B lymphocyte activation and differentiation by homophilic binding or binding to CD62P.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C57BL/10 mouse splenic T cells and concanavalin A-activated splenocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, in vitro induction of thymocyte maturation2, complement-mediated cytotoxicity3, and immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections4, formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections5 and zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections10. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101845 and 101846).
- Application References
- Springer T, et al. 1978. Eur. J. Immunol. 8:539. (WB)
- Crowley M, et al. 1989. Cell. Immunol. 118:108. (FA)
- Veillette A, et al. 1989. J. Exp. Med. 170:1671. (FA)
- Pandelakis A Flavell RA 1999 JEM 189:855 (FC, IHC)
- Liu JQ, et al. 2007 J. Immunol. 178:6227. (FC, IF)
- Chappaz S, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-074245. (FC) PubMed
- Rucci F, et al. 2010. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 107:3024. (FC) PubMed
- Teague TK, et al. 2010. Int Immunol. 22:387. (FC) PubMed
- Gracz AD, et al. 2010. Am J. Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 298:590. (FC) PubMed
- Chen CY, et al. 2008. Endocrinology. 10:1210. (FC, IHC) PubMed
- Qui Q, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1681. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_312836 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101803)
AB_312837 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101804)
- GPI-linked sialoglycoprotein, 35-45 kD
B cells, granulyocytes, epithelial cells, thymocytes, monocytes, erythrocytes, dendritic cells
- Regulates B cell proliferation and differentiation
- P-selectin, CD24
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Erythrocytes, Granulocytes, Monocytes, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Aigner S, et al. 1997. Blood 89:3385.
3. Hough MR, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 156:479.
4. Liu Y, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:437.
- Gene ID
- 12484 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD24 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD24
FITC anti-mouse CD24
PE anti-mouse CD24
Purified anti-mouse CD24
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD24
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD24
APC anti-mouse CD24
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD24
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD24
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD24
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD24
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD24
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD24
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD24
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD24
Purified anti-mouse CD24 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD24
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD24
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD24
TotalSeq™-A0212 anti-mouse CD24
TotalSeq™-C0212 anti-mouse CD24
TotalSeq™-B0212 anti-mouse CD24
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD24
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD24 Antibody