- H1b-98 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1β, H1, OAF, Catabolin, IFNb-inducing factor(il-1b,il1b)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1β is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses including the activation of B and T cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. Clone H1b-98 is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA when used in conjunction with the purified H1b-27 antibody (Cat. No. 511601 or 511604). For ELISA detection applications, a concentration range of 1.0 - 4.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-1β recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 31.3 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 2.0 - 8.0 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_1236448 (BioLegend Cat. No. 511703)
AB_1236449 (BioLegend Cat. No. 511704)
- Cytokine; 17.3 kD (Mammalian)
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, proliferation/activation of NK cells, fibroblasts, thymocytes, glioblastoma cells, astroglia, microglia
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma, keratinocytes,
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Bomford R, et al. Eds. 1989. Interleukin-1 inflammation and disease. Elsevier New York.
3. Brazel D, et al. 1991. Biotechnol. Ther. 2:241.
4. Dinarello C. 1996. Blood 87:2095.
- Upregulated by TNF-α, IFN-α, IFN-β, IFN-γ, bacterial endotoxins, viruses, mitogens, antigens; downregulated by IL-6, lipoproteins, lipids, and α2-macroglobulin
- Gene ID
- 3553 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1beta on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
- Does this clone recognize the pro or mature form of IL-1 beta?
The monoclonal anti-human IL-1b antibody clone H1b-98 was generated and screened using the mature form of IL-1b as the immunogen. Since the pro-form contains the mature sequence, it is believed that the antibody also recognize pro-IL-1beta. Similarly, we believe clone JK1B-1 should also recognize both pro and mature forms of IL-1b. However, this information has not been confirmed with in-house testing data.
|Biotin anti-human IL-1β||H1b-98||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection, ICC|
|FITC anti-human IL-1β||H1b-98||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-1β||H1b-98||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-1β||H1b-98||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.