- Bu20a (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
BrdU is a uridine derivative and a structural analog of thymidine that can be incorporated into DNA during the S-phase of the cell cycle as a substitute for thymidine. Cells can be pulse-labeled with BrdU and analyzed with antibodies against BrdU to determine the proportion of cells in the S-phase of the cell cycle during a given interval.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent intracellular staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: immunohistochemical staining of formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections.
- Application References
- Product Citations
AB_1595579 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339809)
AB_1595472 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339810)
- Uridine derivative that can be incorporated into DNA and substitute for thymidine residues.
Cells can be pulsed labeled with BrdU which will be incorporated into DNA during the synthesis phase of the cell cycle.
- Antibody against BrdU can be used to identify cells undergoing DNA replication during the period of BrdU incorporation.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Gratzner HG. 1982. Science 218:474.
2. Dolbeare F, et al. 1983. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 80:5573.
3. Dolbeare F, et al. 1985. Cytometry 6:521.
- Gene ID
- View information about BrdU on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Purified anti-BrdU||Bu20a||ICFC, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.