- A16099G (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, Astrocyte-derived trophic factor (ATF), ATF1, ATF2, HSCR3, HFB1-GDNF
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a member of the TGF-β superfamily and was first identified as a growth factor supporting the survival of embryonic midbrain neurons. GDNF has been shown to promote the development, differentiation, and survival of dopaminergic neurons by signaling through GDNF family receptor α-1 (GFRα1) and the coreceptor RET receptor tyrosine kinase. Dysregulated expression of GDNF has been reported to be associated with several mental diseases, which include depression and schizophrenia. GDNF is considered as a promising therapeutic agent for the treatment of Parkinson's disease because it can protect dopaminergic neurons from neurotoxins and promote neuron regeneration after injury. In addition to the functions in the nervous system, GDNF is also required for the differentiation of spermatogonia and kidney development. Upregulated expression of GDNF was observed in various cancer cell lines and correlates with malignant cancer progression, suggesting a role of GDNF in carcinogenesis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Human GDNF
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by blocking the binding between recombinant human GFRα1 and recombinant human GDNF (Cat. No. 760402). The ND50 range is 0.05 - 0.4 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2820112 (BioLegend Cat. No. 670903)
AB_2820113 (BioLegend Cat. No. 670904)
- Disulfide-linked homodimer
GDNF is a secreted protein that is widely expressed in the developing and adult central nervous system.
- GDNF is a neurotrophic factor that promotes the development, differentiation, and the survival of dopaminergic neurons. It also participates in the recovery process after brain surgery.
- GDNF targets the neuronal cells expressing GDNF family receptors.
- GDNF interacts with GDNF family receptor α-1 (GFRα1) and has a lower affinity with GFRα2, GFRα3, and GFRα4.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Mature Neurons, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Schwann Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors
- Antigen References
- Allen SJ, et al. 2013. Pharmacol Ther. 138:155.
- Hendrich J, et al. 2012. Neuroscience. 219:204.
- Hidalgo-Figueroa M, et al. 2012. J Neurosci. 32:864.
- Pascual A, et al. 2011. J Mol Endocrinol. 3:R83-92.
- Carnicella S, et al. 2009. Pharmacol Ther. 122:9.
- Sariola H, et al. 2003. J Cell Sci. 116:3855.
- Gene ID
- 2668 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GDNF on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-GDNF||A16099G||Neut|
|GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-GDNF||A16099G||Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.