- KU32-56 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-32alpha,beta,delta, Interleukin 32 alpha,beta,delta, Natural Killer Transcript 4 (NK4), TNF-α-inducible factor (TAIFa,b,d)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interleukin 32 (IL-32), previously known as a transcript (NK4), is produced by mitogen-activated lymphocytes, by IFNγ-activated epithelial cells or by IL-12 and IL-18-activated NK cells. Its expression is increased following activation of T-cells by mitogens or the activation of NK cells by IL-2. IL-32 activates NF-κB and p38 MAPK cytokine signal pathways. It has been suggested that IL-32 may play a role in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. IL-32 is unusual in that it does not share sequence homology with known cytokine families and is highly expressed in immune tissues. IL-32 exists in at least four differentially spliced isoforms (α, β, γ and δ)with predicted molecular weight: ~26 kD. IL-32α is the shortest and most abundant of four potential splice variants of the pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-32. Potential modifications include myristoylation and N-glycosylation. Transfected IL-32 alpha was more likely to be cell-associated as compared to IL-32β, suggesting an intracellular function.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-32α
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
WB, ICC, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA capture antibody, a concentration range of 4 - 6 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-32 recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 15 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA1, 4 Capture: The purified KU32-56 antibody is useful as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with biotinylated KU32-52 antibody as the detection antibody for measuring human IL-32.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunofluorescence, and immunoprecipitation.
Clone KU32-56 is shown to be reactive towards IL-32 α, β, δ, but not the γ isoform and clone KU32-52 has been shown to bind to all isoforms of IL-32.1 Clone KU32-09 does not work for Western blotting.6
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kim KH, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. Methods 333:38. (ELISA Capture)
- Kulkarni O,et al.2008. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. PubMed
- Greene CM, et al. 2010. AM J. Respir Crit Care Med. 181:31. PubMed
- Sakitani K, et al. 2012. Infect. Immun. 80:3795. (ELISA Capture) PubMed
- Li Y, et al. 2013. J Biol Chem. 288:20927. PubMed
- Seo Eun-hee, et al. 2008. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 9:1606-1612.
- Product Citations
AB_2248930 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513601)
Activated lymphocytes and NK cells
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Kim KH, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. Methods 333:38.
2. Conti P, et al. 2007. Autoimmun. Rev. 6:131.
3. Chen Q, et al. 2006. Vitam Horm. 74:207.
4. Kim SH, et al. 2005. Immunity 22:131.
5. Cagnard N, et al. 2005. Eur. Cytokine Netw. 16:289.
6. Banda NK, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:2100.
- Gene ID
- 9235 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-32 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human IL-32αβδ||KU32-56||ELISA Capture,WB,ICC,IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human IL-32αβδ